Groupwise question

Thread: Groupwise question

Groupwise question

I'm looking for a way to automatically generate an email, once a day, at a specific time. I have tried everything I can imagine, even generating an auto-scheduled task and to send an email whenever that take is recieved, but it just floods the box with all tasks at once. I'm looking to only send one email per day, for each work week, at a specific time. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm using Groupwise 6

This is going to be difficult. With Groupwise, you can set an email during composition to delay delivery until a specific date or after a certain amount of time has elapsed. But that only works for one email.

You can configure a rule to automatically send a message, but there is no way to set the trigger based on current time or date - directly.

what you could do is set up a rule to send the message, based on the time and date of incoming messages, however that would only work on an account that receives a lot of mail. And if the flow of incoming mail is stopped for whatever reason, you wouldn't get that trigger event.

Perhaps if you share exactly what you are trying to accomplish, we could suggest an alternate means of doing it. Feel free to contact me via private message if you'd rather not divulge that info publicly.

Well, basically, because of the "wonderful" person working the front desk, I now have to report with her everytime I enter the building, if I desire to have my phone calls routed to my office. Otherwise, she just nukes them. Because this has become a bit of an issue to me, I've decided it's easier to just send her an email daily telling her I'm in. Wether I am or not, so I'd like to just have an email sent automatically, once a day at 8:30 am when I arrive. That way I don't have to worry about missing calls because I forgot to call/email her, and I get her psycho self off my case.

Now, I can set a rule to send an email at groupwise startup, but then she'd be getting dozens of emails from me as I frequently close down groupwise due to it's resource hogging properties. And I tried to send an email everytime a task was sent and had the task reoccur daily, but that just flodded the inbox, as it performed all the tasks immedietly. So now I'm kinda stuck.

I have a saying that I frequently use at work:

"Don't ask the IT department to fix an HR problem"

This person should be taking messages for you. That's not an unreasonable request. You should not have to ask this person every day to do it. If they are not willing to do this, then they can start leaving messages at the unemployment office. Otherwise, get a direct line to your desk with an answering machine if they aren't willing to do their job.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but that's my feelings on this subject.

Trust me, I completely agree, and the HR person even went to bat for me with the CEO. Unfortunately, the "wonderful" person is the sister of the CEO, and the company is a family runed affair. So I'm sure you can imagine what I was told. And I'm stuck in the job for at least another year, so I can't exactly look for other opportunities. So as you can see, office politics has me stuck here. This is why I want to auto generate an email, so it'll at least be SOMEWHAT of a morals victory for me, so I don't have to completely give in to the "wonderful" person.

I am sorry to not have a resolution for you, I just found this story to be semi amusing, not at your expense mind you. I wish you the best, and hopefully it is a short year!