Windows update problems?

Thread: Windows update problems?

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar

Windows update problems?

Anyone experiencing problems with Windows update? I was trying to get all the fixes for IE6 but I was unable to download it for some reason.

Thanks for any help. The computers OS is 2000 which is why I'm posting it here.
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

Yes there have been two recent threads about it - what in particular are your symptoms?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry about that. Didn't realize there were other posts and that I hadn't explained myself.

My symptoms are I will go to windowsupdate and attempt to download the rollup package for IE6sp1 and it will fail everytime. I though it was my internet connection at first but it seems to be fine, (I was able to download from other sites just not windowsupdate).

I also tried to download other updates and no go.

Any ideas?
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.

Failed with what error messages?

Did you try the individual updates from the windows update catalogue?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm not currently at that computer but I believe the error message was displayed on the website, (not one of those popup windows), and it simply stated Failed. No other explanation was given.

Again I checked out my connection and it was working flawlessly. I will try to download again tongiht.

No I hadn't tried from the catalogue though I prob should have. In all honesty I totally forgot that existed.

Thanks for all the help btw NooNoo. When did you become a Super Moderator btw?

Errm, I don't actually know, I received a pm saying congrats... and I didn't have a clue what the sender was on about... then I saw my status and thought it was Scott playing with custom avatars, then I saw I had gained a few forums... so I asked yesterday what was going on... anyway, sometime in the last couple of days I guess

Just to let you know NooNoo that I was eventually able to download the updates. Still don't know what was stopping me before though.

Sorry for not posting a reply sooner.

Have a good day

I've been havin weird issues with it lately i will get o the EULA part and the accept box will be greyed out.i have to go back a few steps, and a few tries it usually goes through. I figured it was the server being overworked.