Back Online - Exam is done!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back Online - Exam is done!

Cool Back Online - Job Searching Update

I've been in and out (mostly out) sporadically these last few weeks as I had a paper to finish and an exam to study for.

Almost all my free time was invested in this and catching up with my family (recalling their names, ages, etc. )

Did my exam yesterday evening and although I'm sure I did not ace it, I'm convinced I passed (counselling course).

PS - I have another interview coming up on Monday PM.
    Last edited by a d e p t; December 17th, 2002 at 12:48 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Well good to see you back! Hope you did well on the test and good luck on the interview! Keep us posted!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

What's the job you are interviewing for?

Welcome back and congrats.. Hope you get the job on Monday
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    What's the job you are interviewing for?
    What I can tell you is this: Tech/network support for 60 users for these guys (Occasional travel between Canada and US).

I'm feeling rather overwhelmed by this interview - I just hope I don't puke during the meeting.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Good luck for the interview Adept! By the way, what happened to that job that was only 5 minutes from where you live???

Originally posted by jay015
    Good luck for the interview Adept! By the way, what happened to that job that was only 5 minutes from where you live???
    I can't recall if I updated anyone on that actually...

Basically, they wanted someone with twice my skills and experience for half the salary I'm currently making.

That's how it is away from the urban centers I guess.

[UPDATE]
    I woke up this morning puking and crapping liquid like you wouldn't believe - gastro-enteritis.

The lady who set up the interview time was exceedingly nice and even pushed so that my interview with her superiors could be rescheduled!

She said that out of all the candidates she had spoken to on the phone, I was the one she spoke positively about at their Christmas staff party - can you believe it?!

I'm praying this virus goes away quickly so I can reschedule - not to mention that I'm supposed to be in Gatineau tomorrow. Hey Mac, what's for lunch?

Sorry to hear about the illness.... Glad that they were so good about it though!

Keep us posted!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

I had that a couple weeks ago after the Twinz brought it home from school Hope you feel better. Having checked out the companys website, I'd want to stay on the good side of the users. Good luck with the interview!

Interview just confirmed for 1:30 this afternoon.

Now I'm getting nervous.

smile in the teeth of adversity - then clean the dead flies up....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Good luck

Good luck on the job. You are the coolest guy I know

PS send me some o' dems' explosives when u get the job HEHEH!

Really good luck!!

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad

good luck there adept.

What? no lunch for me?
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Originally posted by Matridom
    good luck there adept.

What? no lunch for me?
    Too late bro! If I'm ever in the area again we'll have to meet though.

I couldn't have eaten anything anyhow. In fact, the meal I had this afternoon almost stained my pants as I was choosing a movie at Blockbuster about an hour ago.

[UPDATE]

Second interview tomorrow.
    6 applicants out of 360 have been chosen for this round.
    The first interviewer actually thought I was over-qualified...

[UPDATE]

Things went well, with 2 gentlemen joining the original interviewer this time around - one from Salt Lake City, UT and the other from Sudbury, ON.

Even though they had agreed to meet me on my lunch hour, it came down to a little more than 45 minutes worth of a basic background overview of past experience and accomplishments.

I was left with an evaluation questionnaire (which should have been filled in on site and supervised) which I'll complete and fax to their offices this weekend.

That last gestures has me wondering if it was a polite brush off, or if it indicates that they consider the questionnaire a formality that they are merely curious about in my case.

The overall atmosphere was upbeat and I left with a very good feeling about this.