Silly question

Thread: Silly question

Question Silly question

Hi all, this one has me baffled... I recieved a pc with a few problems, sudden freezes and a floppy drive not working. To fix it i had to replace the ram which fixed the freezing part and replace the floppy with a new one. I did tests read/write and burn in and it all worked. I shipped it back to the store. Monday morning I get a phone call that the floppy drive is still not working! I asked the user to take the side off and make sure the cables are plugged in all the way, I got him to boot in command prompt only and try to read from a:, it said disk read error, in windows it keeps asking if he wants to format the disk, if he tries the computer freezes, or says it's and incorrect size. I made him boot in BIOS to make sure it was right, we checked under system the drive is there with no problems. Tried brand new disks, the mother board is a month old. Would the cable have gone bad in that shipping period???
    Be merry...
    MmmmM

It's possible the cable was bad from the beginning or the new floppy drive is bad off the shelf.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

Talking

Wow, that was really interesting, 2 boxes of bad floppy disks, thats all it was. Thanks anyways!
    Be merry...
    MmmmM