any dart throwers out there?

Thread: any dart throwers out there?

any dart throwers out there?

i started my first dart league about 2 months ago and i must say i am having a lot of fun. i've played before, but it was mostly at bars just horsing around, but two of my friends talked me into joining a triples league with them. we're kicking @ss right now. as of last week i'm shooting a 6 in the dart ratings, my partners are rated 8 and 15. don't ask me how they come up with ratings because i don't know, but i know that a 15 is pretty damn good. we have a match tonight against the team in 2nd place, if we beat them we pretty much take the league title and get a berth at the state tourney in Seattle in Jan.
    take care and tempt not the fates

Banned
    I used to play a couple of different local leagues and weekly tournaments. Won $150 off of a tournament once, it was hella sweet. You playing steel tip or that wussy electronic?

Also, how do you do your league? We had 4 man teams, then each played a game of cricket and 501 against someone on the opposite team, then you played partners 501 and cricket then ended with team 901. If you were B league you just did one game each, but A league did each one(except for the 901 game) best out of three.

Sad to say but my skills aren't near what they used to be. Back when I went out drinking and playing darts every single night of the week, unless I could find a 42 tournament.

I used to mess around with bar tournaments. Just single player stuff. I was never that good but every now and then I would get on a role and couldnt be beat... I havent thrown in a while though... and yes.. it was teh wusy electronic darts too...
    W

my bad, its soft tip. in our trios league, we play 17 games in a match. whoever wins the most games, wins the match. the team that wins the most games, not matches, during the season wins the the league. we start the match with 2 901 games with all three members, then we end the match with 2 cricket games with all three members. in between everyone plays one singles match, our #1 player vs thier #1, #2 vs #2, #3 vs #3. the rest of the matches are #1 and #3 vs #1 #3 or #1 and #2 vs #1 #2 or #2 and #3 vs #2 #3 so on and so forth. the matches are split between 01 games and cricket. right now we're in 1st place be almost 30 games so we'd have to lose almost every game from now on to not take the league title.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I used to play all the time when I was in college, my roommate had a dartboard. We used to throw 6 darts at a time cuz we were too lazy to retrieve them after only 3 throws. Once, I put the first five darts into the bullseye, I probably could have gotten all six, but as the score was about 400-0 by that point, I was laughing so hard I missed the board with the last dart. Never was very good at hitting any of the other numbers in cricket, tho.
    WWBRD?

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Dart thrower, just not a board hitter
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

does throwing lawn darts at your little brother count?

Originally posted by Larommi
    does throwing lawn darts at your little brother count?
    In cases like yours it does....
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    We used to have a celebrity dartboard in my old apartment

we kicked @ss on the 2nd place team last night. we had them down 8 games to 2, but we let them back in it. we took the match 10 games to 7. they tried to mount a come back, but our 15 rated player got p!ssed and laid down the law. damn hes good

I enjoy darts as much as the next guy but my wife is evil - whe was playing in over 18 leagues at age 16 and winning! An amazing talent - good luck in Seattle and hopefully on to Vegas.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Arrow

I like Darts very much - in fact I have a dart bpard at home (it makes the wall look "cheesy" though )

Cheers,
    Gabriel "Dart Wieder"
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

Internet Linebacker
    I throw lawndarts at squirels sometimes.

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien
    I throw lawndarts at squirels sometimes.
    Cruelty to Animals!!!!!

I loved playing lawn darts, but they were banned here in Canada because the danger they pose.

When I was in the Navy, we used to have tournaments at sea...if you can picture that, throwing darts on a pitching, rolling ship. Anyway, I threw so much that I got tendinitis in my elbow...had it X-rayed...doc said I had a bone spur on my elbow. It would swell up and look like a golf ball on the tip of my elbow.
    Now, I can only throw about a dozen or so darts before I have to quit...
    What a drag it is getting old...
    Last edited by DonJ; December 18th, 2002 at 10:27 AM.