Procrastination
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Procrastination

Procrastination

I have a ton of work to do. I'm behind on my old stuff but damn I just do not want to work today and I'm just posting away and talkin' to my girl. I'm in the wrong, I will hate me tomorrow.

You ever get like this? Like the self starter just burned out?

Exactly that right now.
    C'est la Vie...

"I invented it, Bill made it famous." ~ David Bradley
    (wrote the code for Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the IBM PC)

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor." ~ Juuso Heimonen

I was supposed to go to the warehuse and help sort toys like 3 hours ago...
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Banned
    Um, ever since this job sucked the last bit of life out of me about 8 months ago. But I am actually studying for some MCSE type stuff rather than working(bastards won't pay for any of it, even though it is suppossed to be a benefit).

I'm looking VEEEERRRRYY busy, browsing
    russian brides...
    till 4o'clock, then scram.
    C'est la Vie...

"I invented it, Bill made it famous." ~ David Bradley
    (wrote the code for Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the IBM PC)

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor." ~ Juuso Heimonen

my motto has always been:
    "Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow?"

This motto has come in handy when considering things like: paying bills, grocery shopping, purchasing gifts, applying for jobs, finishing school, going to class, studying, etc
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Yep, more so recently as i keep getting hooked playing Xbox Live...."Just one more game". Last night was 1:30am, the night before 12:30am and the one before that 12:00am before i got to bed and i have to be up at 6:30...needless to say, my work output has been great between 7:30 and lunchtime and then its all downhill from there
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

Originally posted by orange
    Yep, more so recently as i keep getting hooked playing Xbox Live...."Just one more game". Last night was 1:30am, the night before 12:30am and the one before that 12:00am before i got to bed and i have to be up at 6:30...needless to say, my work output has been great between 7:30 and lunchtime and then its all downhill from there
    Anymore this is me in a nutshell. Get all important work done before lunch then eat and come back late and find ways to fart around on the net.

Despair.com gives this for their definition of Procrastination:

"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now!"

Sounds good to me...especially when i have to start my 4-on shift on a Sunday!
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

Exam coming up, must procrastinate more!!!!!

You mean there are other ways to live?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Drink beer.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Re: Procrastination

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    I have a ton of work to do. I'm behind on my old stuff but damn I just do not want to work today and I'm just posting away and talkin' to my girl. I'm in the wrong, I will hate me tomorrow.

You ever get like this? Like the self starter just burned out?
    Could it be burn out..plain and simple. I got this way after supporting 220 users by myself for 2 years. I have now gotten help, but I think I was so far past burnt out....it just doesn't matter......

/Me looks for more sites to fart around on that aren't blocked by Websense.....
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Banned
    I personally procrastinate at this job because they have sucked all the life out of me and all the fun of tech work is gone. A boss that will never defend you, ever. A coworker who is blatantly incompetant, yet has the full weight of the boss behind them, gets double what you make, gets twice the bonus's, and has a fraction of the knowledge and ability that you do and is really freaking annoying. An environment of people that are lazy, concieted, only care about themselves, liars, cheats, and rude.

Came from a place with 5000 users, 5 techs, 4 phone guys, 4 network engineers and one really cool administrator, where there was rarely a dull moment and everybody helped everybody. Now I have 150 users, 2 techs, all the rest of IT is at corporate and we are the last to hear about anything. MY GOD, WHY SHOULD I EVEN CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That my friends, is why I procrastinate at this hell hole of a job. Come on economy, change, get better, you can do it, stop procratinating damnit all!!!!!!!!!!