startup help needed

Thread: startup help needed

startup help needed

ok .. when restart my computer my startup is nomally fast but i notice that now when i reboot everything starts up and with norton antivirus .. the screen starts with with the norton icon in the left sys bar with an "X" over it while i am gussing its loading... now that takes at least 30-40 sec's! ! i cant load anything till norton fully loads right after the "X" goes away i am back in business .. anyone else have same problem or know how to fix it ??? i dont want to delete norton cause it does help..

thanks guys
    happy holidays !

Has it always been this slow ?

It could be indicative of a virus that is on your machine that has altered the AV program so it wont be detected... many do that.

http://housecall.antivirus.com run the online scanner with norton disabled see what it finds....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

its never been this slow till i installed notorn..

Originally posted by Talonboy
    its never been this slow till i installed notorn..
    All virus protection software slows the boot up of a PC. It is by nature, and should be expected for the most part. A scan of the PC memory, boot sector, and specific system files is done prior to boot, then the real time monitoring service is started. 30 seconds slower isn't really a concern in my book.

Good luck finding a fix.

Thumbs down Norton.

Your first mistake is Norton anything, 2nd mistake Norton AV. In the days of win 3.1 Norton was a life saver. But it has went downhill from there. Large footprint, resource hog and slow. To be honest about 35 or 40% of the problems we see in the shop are tied back to Nortion something. Save your money and go to http://www.grisoft.com and get one of the best and fastest AVs for free. Has a very small footprint and is easy on resources. I am amazed at the people who think they need all the 3rd party fixes to keep their machines going. Try Grisoft
    If life is a bitch, then what is death? I believe that I will take the bitch...