xp repair install

Thread: xp repair install

xp repair install

isn't there a repair install with xp. If so how can I run it? Also how do you "go back" to a previous state? I'm seen go to " last known good" but that doesn't do anything. Isn't there a way to select how far to go back? Again I appologize for my inexperience with xp ( and nt in general ) but I definately need to learn this os!
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

There are repair options - you boot from the cd and let the setup run... the one that is offered at the point where you choose the partition to install on is the automatic one.

As for system restore , start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore to set a restore point or go back to one, or boot to safe mode where you are automatically offered a system restore option.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks NooNoo i'll store that for future reference. This computer we had didn't have that option, just full restore and the computer refused to boot from our copy of winxp home.

Here are the boot disks if you happen to have cdrom issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q310994
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Thanks Danimal. So far most xp machines where I've NEEDED to boot to the cd it hasn't worked, though the times I didn't need to it worked just fine. I guess I'm Special

seems I ike to use my bot disks when I dont have too I always forget the cd does the same.. hehe
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.