Do I have to use the Logitech mouse software?

Thread: Do I have to use the Logitech mouse software?

Do I have to use the Logitech mouse software?

My question is basically this: Is it possible to use a Logitech mouse and still get all the buttons to fully function if you don't use the Logitech software?

To put this into perspective, I want to buy the new Logitech MX700 wireless optical mouse with the charging base station. But I don't want to use Logitech's software because I play games and Logitech mouse software + games = crap.

Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

--Stryfe
    Last edited by Stryfe; December 28th, 2002 at 01:44 PM.
    Please insert volume 'BRAIN' and press any key to continue.

/me often wonders why there isn't a minimum IQ requirement to use a computer.

Talking no need for use it (at least for me)

I 've got the logitech cordless working fine with windows XP ,without needing to use the software that came along ,I just configured it on the control panel -mouse .Happy new year to everyone.

I have a logitech desktop - non optical... I have plugged it into and used it with 95 98 2k and xp without the bloatware... onlything I dont get is a little systray icon telling my capslock is on or off, I can live with that....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I never use mouseware or keyboardware... bleccch... so what if I can't put my system to sleep with a keytouch?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Ok. Thanks for the replies. One thing that I'm still a little confused about is that since this mouse technically has 8 different buttons, what am I gonna have to do to Windows (I use 2K Pro) to get all (or most) of them recognizable in games?

Also, I currently use an A4Tech mouse and I really like the software for it, as it's not as bloated and useless as the others, plus it has some unique (and handy) features. Would I still be able to use the A4Tech software with the Logitech mouse? At least use it without a whole bunch of problems?

--Stryfe

Originally posted by Stryfe
    Ok. Thanks for the replies. One thing that I'm still a little confused about is that since this mouse technically has 8 different buttons, what am I gonna have to do to Windows (I use 2K Pro) to get all (or most) of them recognizable in games?

Also, I currently use an A4Tech mouse and I really like the software for it, as it's not as bloated and useless as the others, plus it has some unique (and handy) features. Would I still be able to use the A4Tech software with the Logitech mouse? At least use it without a whole bunch of problems?

--Stryfe
    Ditto. How does third mouse button work with no logitech?
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

umm...*bump*

Can anyone offer any insight on what would happen if I were to use the A4Tech mouse software with a Logitech mouse?

--Stryfe

If you want to try, back up your registry and set a restore point ( if your os supports that) and try.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar
    odd...

I have an optical logitech mouse and a logitech keyboard.

I installed the "bloatware" as I couldn't get the mouse to work properly without it. Did the same for the keyboard but that was so I could have some fun with all the shortcuts

oh well....

You'll forgive me as I didn't see what OS your running but if its XP you shouldn't need the software that comes with it.
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

Red face Oh yeah...

Oh yeah...computer specs. I know I left something out.

AMD TBird 700 MHz @ 700 MHz
    Windows 2k Pro SP3 (Yes, Uncle Bill owns me.)
    448 MB RAM (Yes, that's a real and true number. 256+128+64)

If you guys need any more specs, just let me know. And thanks again for the help thusfar.

--Stryfe