Half size video card...

Thread: Half size video card...

Half size video card...

We just purchased a 42" plasma display that we are going to connect to a PC and hang it in the cafeteria to display realtime productivity data and other "usefull" information. We have a Dell Optiplex GX150 sitting here that we are going to use, but we are planning on haveing the PC in human resourse department, which is on the other side of the wall. We have a 50' S-Video cable that we are planning on using to run up over the wall to the screen, but there is no s-video ouput on the PC. The motherboard has onboard video, but there is an available AGP slot. The only problem is that this is one of those slim cases and a full size agp card will not fit in it. Some of the other Dells we have here have identical cases, but contain an agp video card that is only about half as tall as a normal one. I was asked to find a half-size agp video card with s-video output. does anyone know if anyone makes these, and how i might find one? We are not allowed to order from just anyone(company policy)...we usually order through CDW, but unless i overlooked it, i couldn't find one on their website......HELP!!!
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Dell sells them. I would call Dell sales: 800-915-3355
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

ON Newegg they have a low profile Aopen Geforce 4MX 440 card that would suit your purpose.

Just do an advance search using the following specs:

Chipset - Geforce 4MX 440
    Ram Size - 64MB Ram
    Keywords - low profile

The card is only $65.00 dollars as well, and it comes with DVI, VGA and S-Video connections on it with 2 low profile adapter slot covers.

Or you can get the Gainward version at Directron for the same amount here.
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    I would also contemplate one of those leads that gives two VGA sockets from one plug.

Got one around here somewhere I swear.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

This guy had the same goal you have . Check out the link for the solution he chose. He needed a PCI version because his small form-factor system did not have an AGP slot. The Asus V7100 Pro card he mentions comes in PCI and AGP.

I do not know if CDW caries this card. I do know that CDW has great Customer Service as we buy from them as well. Just e-mail or call your sales rep & he\she will probably have several solutions for you.

CDW has this Matrox Millennium G450 card for $115.76. I wouldn't want to spend that much myself, but at least it's at CDW