ac 97 codec problem or is it

Thread: ac 97 codec problem or is it

Angry ac 97 codec problem or is it

I have an Intel 82801BA motherborad that uses AC 97 codec type driver for onboard sound. I can install the driver and the sound will work, but if I reboot or just logoff the sound is no longer there. When I go to device manager it shows no errors or problems. I have tried to disable the sound device in the bios and install a pci sound card, and the same problem occurs. if any one has seen this type of problem before and can help me, PLEASE DO

What windows version?

And exactly which motherboard make and model, you have only quoted the intel chipset there...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

My OS is Win ME, and I guess that is the chipset, oops and here I thought I had my feces coagulated. The computer in question is at work and I do not know what the MB is for sure. So I will get back with you on Monday. thanks.

NooNoo, My mother board is and Intel Desktop Board D815EEA2 D815EPEA2 Hope this helps you help me

Ok here are the me basic drivers.. ftp://download.intel.com/design/moth...3030_basic.exe from intel

You should read this too http://www.intel.com/support/motherb...2/inffirst.htm and see if you installed your drivers in the correct order.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."