I need USB Driver ASAP
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need USB Driver ASAP

Angry I need USB Driver ASAP

Hello, I need USB driver for my XE783 HP. I have tried go to hp.com but dont have driver for it. Can anyone of you please tell me where I can get USB driver that I can download for free -- no fee or anything to pay for it. Thanks a lot!

What windows please?
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

re:Need USB Driver ASAP

Its Windows 98

Thanks,
    Heather

(sigh) I have been looking everywhere, surf lot of websites trying to find USB driver for my XE783 HP since yesterday and still looking. I was hoping mabye you know or have it for me to download...that would be greatly appreciated.

I use to have Windows ME til something messed up and couldn't start up my computer -- need to have RESTORE CD which I dont have. This HP computer was given from my fiance's mother, she didnt have CD for this HP computer. So, I had to format my hard drive and all and installed Windows 98 CD and BOOT DISK. So since this HP was installed Windows ME and all motherboard and etc are new which Windows 98 dont have like USB driver, etc. *laughing* I hope you understand what I am trying to say? So, Im just in need to have USB driver then all will be fine.

Thanks a bunch!

Heather

when you say usb driver... what did you have in mind?

The usb controller or a usb device?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

(blush) I have no idea...I have intel webcam USB and it wont work at all so thats all I know that USB is not working and need to download to have it work. I dont know which one do I need? Why dont you give me both of those and I'll try USB device first -- if it doesnt then I'll do the USB controller. :/

Heather

Hmmm, well I thought I'd better explain little more so that way you will know what I need. Ok, here it goes...Its internal USB -- usb comes with motherboard which you can't remove it like to replace new usb (insert USB in slot). Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Heather

ok....

Need to do a little checking

Start, settings, control panel, system

At the bottom you should see usb root hub and usb controller... do either of them have a ! beside them, are they even there?

If they are not there, you will have to enable them in bios,... but they should be.

Will also need the model and any number details you can find about the intel webcam.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

"Start, settings, control panel, system

At the bottom you should see usb root hub and usb controller... do either of them have a ! beside them, are they even there?"

Yep, both are there. Funny, I just realized that my fiance haven't installed intel webcam software. Let me restart my computer and install. I'll post to update how it goes after I do this.

Heather

Allright, I have uninstalled the wrong software my fiance installed and installed the right software for my intel software then restarted my computer. After it was done restarted, I got popup from windows that says :/F windows then I click OK, didnt work, then I click Cancel button. Then I clicked my webcam software but doesnt work. (sighs) It has to do with this windows 98 that dont have HP USB information.

Heather

Originally posted by PeasonH
    After it was done restarted, I got popup from windows that says :/F windows then I click OK, didnt work, then I click Cancel button. Then I clicked my webcam software but doesnt work.
    Heather
    I am very interested in that popup... could you tell me if it said anything else? :/F looks like a typo ... or is it?

When you installed the webcam software, was the webcam connected?

Your chipset is also intel 810... therefore you also need the chipset drivers... available here ... note it says for usb to function properly!

Webcam... model please? If you are not sure look here

sorry yes its typo but that is what it show F:/Windows...the cam wont connect its like USB doesnt exist to get it work properly. Anyway, I have appointment so I'll come back and check this forum in 2 hrs or so. Thanks. I just need driver for USB.

Heather

See above, edited with extra info and the drivers.

Oh thanks I"ll look into that...I checked, it showed:

-- USB ROOT HUB--

Device type: Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)
    Hardware Verison: Not Available

Device status:
    This device is working properly

Ok, I already installed chipsets you gave to me...it installed fine but still doesnt work to have webcam on. Ok, my intel webcam model is CS330.

And can you please give me link where I can download for XE783 HP Windows 98 USB driver? I think that might be it what I need. Just in case though.

Thanks a bunch for your help! Greatly appreciated!

Heather

I'll check back here in couple hours. Gotta go!