I need USB Driver ASAP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need USB Driver ASAP

Originally posted by PeasonH
    Ok, I already installed chipsets you gave to me...it installed fine but still doesnt work to have webcam on. Ok, my intel webcam model is CS330.
    here are the latest drivers for 98 for your webcam There are updates available for your create and share, but it depends which one you have...

You can select them here

Originally posted by PeasonH
    And can you please give me link where I can download for XE783 HP Windows 98 USB driver? I think that might be it what I need. Just in case though.

[/B]
    OK, I checked the specifications for your machine. There are NO usb drivers for your machine under windows 98. HP will only support windows ME. The drivers I posted at intel ARE the drivers that control the USB. What you are having is installation issues.

Please explain exactly how you have tried to install the webcam so far. Starting with whether you had the usb cam plugged in or not when you loaded the usb cam drivers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ok, I have downloaded necessary files -- all is working properly. But one left that I need AUDIO device to get it working. I could open but audio isn't working. Where can I find intel audio to download? thanks

NOTE: When I try to open intel webcam, it showed: "Unable to connect to capture device (e.g. camera) if another application is using the capture device, close it."

I dont know what another application that are using the capture device -- what should I be looking for and remove it?

Thanks a lot.

Heather

I uploaded a photo and heres the link so you can see which one I need to get it removed. I know some are not necessary to have it but dont know which.

http://www.geocities.com/tricamz/device.jpg

ARGH ok I clicked link from this forum, it wont work. Just copy and paste on IE or Netscape to see.

this is what intel have to say

HP just says its an ac97 codec.... any clues from device manager?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

It will be something like a tv capture or rage theatre that stops it... have a look in device manager under sound and multimedia for tv capture.

(sigh) I guess I'll leave it to my fiance to have some removed that were blocking that couldn't be able to open my intel webcam since the another application is using the capture device. Man, Im so clueless. heh

Heather

Mmm, ok I looked and dont see any TV capture or theatre rage.

well, I would like to say thanks for the all help you could give...I've went out and bought new Windows Me. All is working fine now and intel webcam is working. **got rid of windows98 -- OUTDATED** hehe

Have a good evening!

Heather

the only thing that ME may have solved is the default drivers that the OS is providing. if you were to find the correct drivers for the "mystery" hardware, win98 would've been just fine...ME is not better than Win98...period

Well, this model is only a year old -- motherboard only supports newer not older devices so which means its impossible to have windows98 to work properly with this newer model. So I installed Windows Me -- all is working fine. I dont even have to go search for devices I need -- Windows ME already have softwares for devices what I have on my computer.

~Heather

did you read my post? winme simply provided drivers for whatever "mystery" usb hardware you could not load, win98 is a way better os than that, why buy winme, you could've bought winxp home or pro? then it would've surely worked right off the bat with your year old computer.

Originally posted by trippinfool
    did you read my post? winme simply provided drivers for whatever "mystery" usb hardware you could not load, win98 is a way better os than that, why buy winme, you could've bought winxp home or pro? then it would've surely worked right off the bat with your year old computer.
    I don't think she cares about XP being better than ME. All she knows is that ME fixed her problem and that's all she wanted.
    Shoot 'em up! Shoot 'em up! Pow! Pow!

Talking

Ok, I already installed chipsets you gave to me...it installed fine but still doesnt work to have webcam on. Ok, my intel webcam model is CS330.

And can you please give me link where I can download for XE783 HP Windows 98 USB driver? I think that might be it what I need. Just in case though.

Thanks a bunch for your help! Greatly appreciated!

Have you tried installing the webcam drivers?
    You might check on Intel's webpage for ugrades.