My new case is finally finished!!!

Thread: My new case is finally finished!!!

My new case is finally finished!!!

Okay, the new case is finished and is bad as hell if I might say so myself but I'll let the pictures talk for themselves

Here's the first one... You can see the main cutout and the paint job on this bad boy from here.

Here we go to the top and see two 120 mm fans

On to the front of the case. You can see my custom logo and my status lights on the left (more on those in the next pics). You can also see my 5 port custom baybus. This controls 2 rear 80mm fans, the 2 top 120mm fans, 1 40mm fan in the lower back and 1 80mm fan in the front. All of the wiring is encased in an old cd rom casing and they are ported out by speaker terminals. This way nothing is hard wired and I can simply connect and disconnect fans at will.

This picture is not altered at all with the exception of size. This really is how bright the LEDs on my baybus are in the dark

Next, you can see the status lights up close. My MSI mobo has a 4 light status collage. This will tell me whether or not the computer is running right and, if it's not, what is wrong with it by the series of lights that are lit. These were all run to the front of the case and then taken through the front bezel with 1mm fiber optic strands. The bottom two blue lights are the status and full duplex lights for my NIC. These were unsoldered from the board and ran to the front. Like the status lights, they were further run to the bezel with 1mm fiber optic.

Finally, there is a blurred pic of my custom etched front logo. This was etched with a dremel engraving bit into 1/4" plexi. This was then attached to the front bezel and two blue leds are shined through the thin side of the plexi which creates the effect you see.

Still to come is the two blue cold cathodes and they're sitting in my garage. I'm just being lazy today with my bottle of everclear. They'll be going in shortly. Well, let me know what you think
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Looks Great! Good job!
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Is that an MSI mobo inside?

Sweet lookin' case, A+
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Kinda big, but Purrrrrrrrdy. I like lights. Nice cut out.

Dunno if you saw a post of mine before. You said dremmel was a PIA to cut the case or something. They make a tool called the nibbler that cuts cases easy peasy now (or so they say).

Thanks for the info... I've tried it before and it works great if you don't have to worry about what you cut afterwards. It's kinda like cutting paper with a blow torch... okay maybe not that bad but you usually can't get smooth cuts, you can't get small detailed cuts and you usually end up bending the metal that you intend to keep pretty bad.... other than that it's the wonder tool
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

After destroying the side of one of my cases with a dremmel I'm gonna get one the next time I want to mod a case.

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    After destroying the side of one of my cases with a dremmel I'm gonna get one the next time I want to mod a case.
    Nibblers are nice for sweeping curves but they do have a turning radius. Detail work falls to the dremel.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Absolutely love the status lights from the mobo. Link and Act lights from the NIC look great as well.

Nice work!!!