Weirdest payment you have ever received
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weirdest payment you have ever received

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar

Talking Weirdest payment you have ever received

What's the strangest thing you have ever received as payment for repairing, installing, building, etc.... a computer?

I myself received a Pentium 200 MHz CPU after installing a Pentium 4 2 GHz machine

I didn't mind though as I plopped it into my old Pentium 166 box
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

I got a brand spankin new Teak dining room table that seats 12...including teak side chairs and end chairs...worth about 2500 for moving a few servers and 2 dozen workstations to a new building.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

a live chicken.

just kidding.

I got my bathroom redone and built computers for each of the two contractors.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I got 2 and a half pounds of fresh haddock straight off of the boat for fixing a fisherman's computer in half the time I quoted him. It was daaaaaaaaamn good.

Let's put it this way. He said the fish was swimming 12 hours before he gave it to me.

Got one of my wisdom teeth pulled, the funny thing was they never called me to do the work. Got paid before I did the work or worked!
    To each his/her own.

I would have had 14lb of smoked salmon, but it was removed by the customs man...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

one guy i do work for is a Cyrus O'leary pie salesman, so along with my $35 and hour he throws in 3 or 4 pies. usaully chocolate creme, chocolate peanut butter or a banana creme. really really good pies.

i do a lot of work for my friends father, when ever i'm done he'll give me a 5th of whiskey or scotch or whatever he has handy. i don't know if its wierd, but its my favorite
    take care and tempt not the fates

Traded a new computer for a Trane ac unit, and always get free samples of hot sauce from the company that makes it when I repair their computers.

Never happened to me, but a coworker once got a night of happiness for some work he did...
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Heh, you'll never believe this one....

Did some work for a lawyer a while back, on an invoice basis. I left saying I'd send the bill. A day later my g/f at the time got done for assault, I ripped the bill up, he got her off.

Standard terms are payment on collection, cash, weed, booze or sexual favours (ladies only) accepted.

I few of my mates are mechanics, they have computers, I have cars, we only ever charge each other parts.

Fish - yeah, had that too, big f'off Rainbow Trout, damn that was nice. Fresh is one thing, this was another, he'd caught it while I was working on his puter, put it in a keep net to see if I'd accept it. Kill to grill in 15 minutes
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

I got a brand new Laptop.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

I got a laptop, probably worth about $600 for about 3 hours of work (did the work while getting paid at work already)
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

I replaced this lady's cd-rom drive before I went to Okinawa, and when she offered to pay me I told her not to worry about it (she had watched my very rambunctious kid many times for free). She refused to take no for an answer, so I told her I would write up an invoice and bring it to her. Well, my portcall date came before the invoice did, so I hoped she would just forget about it...but she didn't. After I came back from Okinawa, the first time I saw her she handed me a check for $250...for 15 minutes of labor, and she bought the drive herself.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

I have recieved 20 pounds of homemade beef jerky for do a virus removal

Old computers

Free car repair and inspection

Dinner (usually from the folks), hehehe
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain