Lotus Notes - Mail relocation...

Thread: Lotus Notes - Mail relocation...

Lotus Notes - Mail relocation...

We have a user who is leaving the company today. (voluntarily, he got a better offer) We are forced to use Lotus Notes here because our parent company in France decided we have to. This user, we'll call him Jim, has many folders setup with many emails in them. He needs to have all of these folders full of email transfered to his supervisor. is there a way to do this without forwarding all of these messages? (he has been here for 10 years, he has alot of email) I am not real familiar with Lotus Notes, the only thing i really know about it is that i don't really like it. If we were using Outlook, i could do a simple import and everything would would be ok, but i am not aware of how to do that with Notes.

any ideas?
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

there is a slightly shorter way of doing it - get into the supervisor's notes, and from there open Jim's mail file (so you end up with both their inboxes)

You will almost certainly have to re-create the directory structure manually, but once you have the directories in place, you can just select all the mails in each one and do a right click copy and paste into the supervisors.

It may be worth your while creating a simpler directory structure - ie. not going down so many levels, although that's down to personal choice!

that's they way I'd do it, I tried copying folders and it didn't seem to like it although the copy option was there.

hope this helps

Rob
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

thank you
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

I might suggest giving the new user a link to the mail database on their "workspace". This way the new user can access the database without having to move anything.

I am assuming that you are using Domino.

x

have you tried to replicate the files?
    I like trafic lights

our lotus notes person got it working.. i didn't ask what she did. i'll try to find out