coworker got let go, happy day!!

Thread: coworker got let go, happy day!!

coworker got let go, happy day!!

One of the guys I was working with just got let go. Bout time too.

This was the type of tech that gives us all a bad name. The type who never phones customers to give updates, never returns their calls, dosn't fix the problem with the system but instead just does a system recovery and sends it back out without testing the hardware.

You know his type, you've all worked with him before. He used to be myfriendwhoknowsalotaboutcomputers, then got a job fixing (breaking) them.

I'm just giddy I'm so excited. No more comebacks for the exact same problem it took him a week to not fix, no more angry tech support messages, no more checking the systems hes working on to make sure its being done right. (caught him upgrading two pc's, didn't have the right atx backplate so he built them without it)

Damn, I didn't think I was suppost to feel this good when someone I work with gets turfed, but yeehawwwww!!! What a great start to the week!!!

Banned
    You will never know how happy I am for you, yet so infinetly jealous I am.

DA, you really shouldn't gloat you know... such a shame that a poor up and coming misunderstood tech who just wants to get things done to earn a crust by screwing over perfectly reasonable members of the public and their machines... Did the door bang his *** on the way out?

There was a guest in the chat room just like him the other week... or mebbe it was... you got a p166 with a new bios chip that has no com ports in bios hanging around the shop? He ordered the chip because the hard drive didn't work. A+ certified and everything, go figure
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I bet he was an 'acronym guy'

you ALL know what i am talking about, ratles off computer acronyms at an alarming rate, yet cant diagnose anything correctly other than a bad video card ....

I lhate it when that happens....

Congrats.
    GO PATS!!!!

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Ah, now I see why it was so wrong to ask Adept if he works with DA......been up to my eyebrows the last few days and trying to catch up.

Maybe I need to go through the threads backwards
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Good to see problematic people removed.

A lot less stress, headaches and complaints.

Things will hopefully go more smoothely there for you, queen of the dammed!!!!

Sometimes seeing justice done is SUCH a sweet thing!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Originally posted by cookin chef
    Good to see problematic people removed.

A lot less stress, headaches and complaints.

Things will hopefully go more smoothely there for you, queen of the dammed!!!!
    I ain't no queen

It wasn't a d e p t was it? He just posted a message saying he lost his job.

We just had a guy get the axe here, too. I can't think of someone who deserved it more.

We get 10 days off a year, and somehow me managed to call out 60 days last year... He also takes his work cue on the system and quietly slips the jobs into other peoples cues.

and in general, he's just a deplorable person. Don't let the door hit ya in the rear on your way out!
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

DA,
    I know the feeling. We just had someone quit a couple weeks ago and none of us were sad to see that person go.
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way. ---Pink Floyd

Originally posted by meatwad
    It wasn't a d e p t was it? He just posted a message saying he lost his job.
    no, it was not a d e p t. The guy we got rid of couldn't tell the difference between a scsi cable and a usb cable.

I once told him to check the boot order in the bios because a system wasn't booting from floppy. he just stood there and gave me that blank look. half hour later I showed him how to get into the bios.

Originally posted by Damned Angel
    I ain't no queen
    Sorry!! Didn't mean to disrespect you like that!!!!

Just came out that way.

You are dammed if you do and you are dammed if you don't.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    A while back we finally axed a weasel salesman. (he was running his own business from the office, using our letterhead and pretending we were the ones selling it)

When he was gone, they had a party at our main office.....cake, champagne, the whole bit.....and that was the day AFTER I spent a month up there.....
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||