For all people with new Gigabyte motherboards ,possible big error and problem!!Read!!

Thread: For all people with new Gigabyte motherboards ,possible big error and problem!!Read!!

For all people with new Gigabyte motherboards ,possible big error and problem!!Read!!

For all people with new Gigabyte motherboards ,possible big error and problem.Read carefully!!!

GA-8IE533,GA-8IEX ,GA-8IEXP ,GA-8IEMK, GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 ,GA-8PE667 Ultra ,GA-8PE667 Pro,GA-8PE667 ,GA-8GE667 Pro, GA-8GEM667K ,
    and still collecting information's about:
    GA-8IGX ,GA-8IG,GA-8IGMK ,GA-8IGML-T,GA-8ILFT, GA-8IMMT4,GA-8LD533-C, GA-8VD667,GA-8ID533 ,GA-8IDML-CH ,GA-8IDX ,GA-8IDXH ,GA-8IRE !!!!!!!!!

Problem description:
    Tested on Windows 2000Pro(Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3) and Windows XP Pro(Service Pack 1)
    With Intel INF drivers and without ,with Intel Application Acceleration and without!!!!!!
    Tried with standard Dual channel PCI ide controller driver !!!!!!
    With ACPI ,Without ACPI,With APIC and Without APIC !!!!!!!!!
    Tried with all new WD bb hard drives ,Ibm GXP60 and GXP120 and with maxtor 740x6L ,8+ and 9+!!!!
    On INTEL controler on GIGABYTE motherboards!!!

If you have two hard drives on one Ide channel and if you try to copy files from one drive to another you will suffer big system LAG , especially with 2D where system with 2.4gHz will not have power to streak or to draw in reasonable time ,opened background application if there is some or if you try to change your working application window to background application window,windows will stall and choke for thing that even pentium1 on 166mHz won't.

For GigaByte technicians ,If you don't find solution for this problem you may find punishment as IBM did from their customers because we as your customers have and will have power to make petition and possible law-suit and haunting on Gigabyte.

Possible solution ,write new bios and open all stealth options(beside CTRL+F1) in Advance Chipset like "PCI#2 Access #1 Retry" and similar or give as set file for your motherboards that we can try with WPCRedit to find solution for this ERROR!!!

One of my systems uses a gigabyte 8IRML board running p4 1.6a o/c to 2.0 ghz, 512 mb ddr 2100, geforce3 ti-200 128mb v.c., win98se, etc.

I only have one maxtor 40 gig attached to it for now. So, I cannot test that issue you are discovering with several of their models. Either than that, I haven't had any problems with this board.

Thanks for your thorough insight though.
    Are other gigabyte owners complaining about the same thing???

What about Gigabyte boards with the onboard promise raid controller??? Same issue???

No you are safe with Promise...

We didn't test this problem with w98se an ME because they are too old for any useful operations +In my country I must put only Windows XP pro and Home and maybe Windows 2000 pro ,server and Adv.serv.

For now its affecting 26 people (with this problem)and 16 more are in test just to know they have to exclude all of things that might be a problem!!!