mandrake 9.0 install

Thread: mandrake 9.0 install

mandrake 9.0 install

Just starting playing with linux. Got the mandrake 9.0 cause someone in here said it was one of the easiest to start with and I'm a newbe...
    i Have system commander install. I have formatted three primary partitions. One has 98 one has xp home and the other has mandrake 9.0
    When I boot up system commander jumps in and give me the option too start 98 or xp. This work fine. When I want to run Linux I have to put in the boot floppy so Linux will start before system commander can jump in.
    QUESTION: How do i get Linux to either become an option in system commander or to have it boot up without booting from the floppy.
    Everything I have been doing in Linux takes soooo loong because I don't know anything about it. So, any help would be appreciated and please try and keep it simple for a newbie.
    Thanks Charlie

I'm no expert with system commander.

Try the FAQ site here for owners of system command 7

http://v-com.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/v_...roup=&p_page=1

I too am not a Linux expert, (guess that's why I read WinDrivers groups)

I have been playing with diffrent OS's including Linux for several years now.

When ever I used a third party boot loader it has never got on with Linux. I have found that the boot loader that comes with Linux (LiLo) works very well.

Whenever I set up a multiboot system that includes Linux I install it last. So the Linux bootloader handles OS selection.
    Regards Steve...

(]TSS[)Pendragon

Originally posted by Pendragon
    I too am not a Linux expert, (guess that's why I read WinDrivers groups)

I have been playing with diffrent OS's including Linux for several years now.

When ever I used a third party boot loader it has never got on with Linux. I have found that the boot loader that comes with Linux (LiLo) works very well.

Whenever I set up a multiboot system that includes Linux I install it last. So the Linux bootloader handles OS selection.
    I agree, let LiLo or Grub do the job for you.