Getting a New Laptop...Suggestions?

Thread: Getting a New Laptop...Suggestions?

Threaded View

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Originally posted by underfunded
    I (as always) am going to suggest a Gateway. I work on them every day (I work for Gateway). Our laptops are very dependable and I really like the Country Stores for having them serviced at (can do software but not hardware). PM me if you have any questions about Gateway and I should be able to answer them.
    I am in total agreement. My office just provided me a Gateway 450S notebook and this thing is sweet . The 400S is a little bigger and heavier, but pretty well loaded for $1299. Buy an extra 256 meg of DDR notebook RAM from crucial for $49 and your looking at a pretty darn good machine for $1350.00. I just showed up at the Gateway Country Store in Anchorage and walked out with it ½ hour later.

I think the other big difference is the 400S is a P4, and the 450S is the the Mobile P4. The 450S is dockable, not sure on the 400S.

*As a side note my personal favorite were the Toshiba's. + I have a Compaq Presario 700 US that I have been using for 16 months and it has preformed well in the harsh environment I work in.
    Last edited by Major Kong; February 13th, 2003 at 04:36 PM.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.