AT to ATX Case, hardrive probs

Thread: AT to ATX Case, hardrive probs

Post AT to ATX Case, hardrive probs

hi all, i just changed an AT case for ATX case, amdk62 500 on epox ep-mvp3c board and 3.2Gb seagate, all fine in AT case but loads of error files (hard drive fat corrupt and suwin errors)loading win98se, since case change, all obvious things checked....
    hardrive works perfect in old p133
    any ideas?

If all other things being equal.. and you transferred everything except for the power supply and chassis. Then your problem lies in one of those 2.

If not, please elaborate on you situation...
    Would you like fries with that?

hi chap, cheers 4 reply.........
    did try different PSU 300watt same fault, have reformatted disk low level, same fault....
    just tried 1Gb drive everythin ok with that disk, then put 3.2Gb as slave yet to test stability on that but it seems ok (recognised by win98 as 3Gb 'd' drive)

was it firmware incompatible? (old fob off!)
    or it was suggested to me that the hard disk controller has gone confused or corrupt?

any ideas??

(fluffin' pc's)

tricky

Hey just a thought, have you checked your bios config yet? maybe you have it set to wrong mode, i.e. large lba and so on. make sure you have all the landz sectors and all that set up right, maybe therein lies the prob. see if that helps.
    "IF you have nothing to wear, then wear nothing." NOTE: Some restrictions do apply.

yup done that........
    used lf.exe for low level format it checks all that and set for Normal in bios (as lf.exe requires)
    will test the same H/D(now slave) under the 1Gb master

let u know

tricky