internet explorer wont connect

Thread: internet explorer wont connect

internet explorer wont connect

I have dsl on my system when I cut the system last night I could connected to the internet but when I start up this morning it wont connect so I thought it was the lan card but msn messanger will connect because when my friend come online I could talk to them but it wont browse the internet and if I connet via a modem I could open internet explorer and it will browse the internet. but I cannot do it via the dsl. but all the rest of my system will browse. anyone ever have a problem like this. thanks

Could be your isp has dns issues - call them and ask - then ask them again
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You wouldn't happen to be on SBC would you? I just went through something very similar with these yahoos (pun intended).

It's not that I couldn't connect, it's that my connection speed was REALLY slow (like much less than dial-up slow). It was enough bandwidth to IM or check e-mail, but not enough to surf the web (pages would take an hour to load).

I had to go round and round and round with their tech support before they would do anything, even after telling them I hooked up three different PC's to my DSL connection and tried two different modems. This obviously meant that the problem was on their end but they made me jump through all the necessary hoops before they would take action regardless.

After half a dozen phone calls it finally started working again. Shortly afterwards I got a phone call from SBC's DSL contractor stating they had to "flush me from the server".

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Give your provider a call and like NooNoo said, stay on them.
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."