Outlook 2000 shutdown

Thread: Outlook 2000 shutdown

Outlook 2000 shutdown

I have a user who is having a problem closing Outlook 2000. At the end of the day, he closes Outlook by clicking on the "x" in the top right corner. He then gets the message saying "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits". And then it just sits there with that message showing.
    Yesterday I saw it and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to "End Task" it. It finally closed but when I went to start Outlook again. Outlook was running but it was working offline. I then selected "Exit and logoff" and then it closed just fine.
    This only seems to happen when Outlook is open for a while. I don't know how long it has to open for this to happen but it does happen every day.
    I tried looking on Technet but all I could find were articles pointing to "COM Add-ins". But he is not using any add-ins.
    Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Dave Bock

Is SR1 applied? Are the running spam inspector?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ive run into similar situations. Try applying all the service packs. That seemed to resolve a lot of issues I was running into.

I think we're up to Service Pack 3 now, for Office.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

All Service Packs have been installed. He is running SP3. I have been curious if it is his .PST file. We use personal folders here. I think another tech has already recreate his .pst file. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave Bock

Please see this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834005#3

Quote Originally Posted by daveb316
    I have a user who is having a problem closing Outlook 2000. At the end of the day, he closes Outlook by clicking on the "x" in the top right corner. He then gets the message saying "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits". And then it just sits there with that message showing.
    Yesterday I saw it and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to "End Task" it. It finally closed but when I went to start Outlook again. Outlook was running but it was working offline. I then selected "Exit and logoff" and then it closed just fine.
    This only seems to happen when Outlook is open for a while. I don't know how long it has to open for this to happen but it does happen every day.
    I tried looking on Technet but all I could find were articles pointing to "COM Add-ins". But he is not using any add-ins.
    Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Dave Bock