B1942 1.3 patch

Thread: B1942 1.3 patch

Angry B1942 1.3 patch

Anyone playin get the patch yet? And if so how did it run?

I been having major problems and EA boards are overloaded with complaints. They are very slow and had 1300 new messages since this morning.

By the way to those having problems, I have not figured it out but I tried uninstalling the game, deleting the folder. I reinstalled, and patched to 1.3 and it works better. I think the patch was bugged upgrading from 1.2. Not sure yet, have to play some more.

Oh, before I go.

They changed some sounds and I dont get them all now. I am using a SB PCI128. There seem to be problems with SB cards so I may be looking into something else.

Damnit... good thing I havent installed it yet I guess... let us know how it progresses.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Well, the reinstalling from scratch then patching worked on the sound. It still gets clipped but no more snap, crackle, pop. Now I am fighting this CDT issue. EA finally made an announcment that there is a problem and DICE is working on it.

There is another fix for the CDT. Not sure if this is working or not, I seem to be ok. Change "renderer.allowAllRefreshRates" from 0 to 1 if its set at 0.

I will test this some more then off to get Road To Rome if it works.

I upgraded my video card adn sound card and it seemed to fix the problem. The sound is still screwed up in the game. Sounds hollow with a funky echo. Hopefully they will patch that.

However, I bought Road to Rome and baby, IT ROCKS!!! The new maps are very entertaining!!

humm im running 1.3 when it first came out, nothing wrong here works perfect for me...

Specs of system:

Dual AMD MP 2000+
    Geforce 4 ti-4600
    2 120 gb drives
    1 gb ddr ram

As i said in my previous post I got things to run better after upgrading my video and sound card. The problems are that the sound is still funky. I can hear everything but it sounds hollow and echos. EA and Dice have asked for people that are having issues to send them their system specs and what the sound is doing.

Here is the thing, if I have hardware acceleration turned on for sound. It sounds crappy. If I turn hardware off I CDT. I have upgraded everything beyond what the game required.

My issue and the issue of 1000's of other users spread out over a dozen sites is that everything sounded and worked fine in 1.2 then got hosed in 1.3. Yeah there are few that got lucky but myself and most everyone I played with or against are having some kind of issue. This was supposed to be a patch that addressed ingame issues to get ready for the expansion pack. It should have never been recoded to change sounds that would cause so many conflicts with so many different makes and models of sound cards.

There is a known issue with audigy and live cards under the new 1.3 patch....

No known fix so far other than turning hardware sound off.....which pretty much negates the purpose of having a live or audigy card in the first place.

Another patch that kills a game....nothing new here.....
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.