bios settings for hard drive..

Thread: bios settings for hard drive..

Post bios settings for hard drive..

I have a WD 8.4 Gig 5400 RPM hard drive. ATA-66 with UDMA enabled. what is LBA in the bios and what should I have set in bios as far as my hard drive goes? thanks

If your bios is LBA compliant you're cool. It means that your bios can handle hard drives over 528 megs. Your bios should automatically recognize your hard drive and you shouldn't have to worry about setting it up manually in the bios.
    hey you! i'm into jesus!

if you want to lead the orchestra, sometimes you have to play wierd music.
    -- carl busjahn

You should also run the Western Dig utility (which you can download from them) and make sure ATA 66 is enabled in the harddrive.

Do not install the western Dig utility if you ever have to recover data when the HD crash's, Just safer and less work for the tech who will tell you to bad!
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

The Western Digital utility of which I speak is only to enable Ulta ATA 66. I'm not suggesting (and don't recommend) installing EZ-Bios which allows large drives to be installed when the BIOS isn't capable of addressing the full capacity. The ATA utility must always be run for 33, 66, or 100 or you may encounter compatability problems or not run up to speed.