this kid is havin me install XP on his fast *** computer i built him.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: this kid is havin me install XP on his fast *** computer i built him....

Tattoo addict
    I'm naked under all my clothes right now.

hhm, to have a Clothes Cam right now.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Birthday December 8, 1985

Biography 17 year old

Interests computers, car audio
    Occupation none currently

Member less than a month, No Occupation and 17 years old...........

that really qualifies you to tell all people here that they and Microsoft are completely wrong....NOT

all i can say really is grow up and pull your juvenile horns in ...Some of the people here were tinkering and pulling computers apart when you were in diapers, sunshine.....and some were members here when you were busy playing with your Tonka Trucks and crying over spilt milk, which I see your still doing....

I[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL I started typing virtually the same reply this afternoon , and then deleted it .
    factory81 , pull in your horns and cut these people some slack , they can and will help and teach you if you act civil . Many are professionals who have been in this business since you were in diapers.Spouting off half baked opinions and suggesting people are idiots won't get you far................. neither will the racial slurs.

Oh dear, someone is backpedaling rather hard, and still sinking rather quickly...

So, Factory81, my young friend, been "in computers" since you were 9? Good lad, its just a shame that you appear to have learned absolutely nothing in that time. This is coming from someone that was programming while you were in diapers.

I've got very little else to say to you. Well, nothing nice anyway, as I generally have very little time for complete clowns that only seek to infuriate others, and waste thier time with never ending arguments, that have no merit whatsoever.

I'm not going to put much thought into this, because you really aren't worth much effort, but you want to know one thing WinXP does better than Win2k? Fine, I'll give you one thing.

Ready?.. this might hurt.

Cleartype.

The cleartype feature of WinXP is great, without it, text looks like complete 4ss on the lovely LCD displays in my home.

Now, either start putting together something worth conversing about, or learn to STFU.

Cheers.
    -Cameron
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Well, i have a buddy who does ISP support (so home users) with a support base of 500,000 users. His assement of OS's used are as follows

98 is the most common, followed by windows XP, next comes in windows95, followed by mellenium, next comes 2000 and finaly MAC OS

who here thinks that ME is more popular then 2k............. copy wise

Or hah, ok maybe the reason you never see someone call for 2K for tech support is cause there smart enough to use the right OS. Your conclusion should be "what OS do the dumbest users use".

XP is still 2k with a facelift, no if ands or buts. Its a Windows 2000 with a facial. Any other users whos been around knows this. Is XP worth 169 bux all over again over Windows 2000? No. Is XP better then 98, yes. but your comparing apples to oranges. it doesnt work that way. You compare NT to 2000 to XP. NT turned into the almighty 2K. 2K turned into XP. I still dont see anyone putting down any facts. You all prove you can be english majors and have friends who are stuck at the bottom of the chain of ****ty jobs doing tech support.

If you have a computer, that is in speed of 300mhz to 800mhz. And have less then 384mb of ram. I would say your better off going with 2K, as it will yield better performance in most everything you do. If you put XP on it, its just gonna suck.

A good point I can prove that no one can argue with.
    If you wanna be a power-user in 2K, you can go with 256mb of ram as a minimum. If you have XP, you can go with 512mb of ram as a minimum.

Your friend might be stuck doin some ****ty tech support doing "assessments" of dumb computer users all he wants, but atleast im gonna be makin it fine doin my consultant buisness. My primary server OS to recomend, Citrix
    i got all kinds of shiiiiiiiii to yap about.

hope you don't get a hernia carryin that ego around.
    Last edited by geeksRus; February 10th, 2003 at 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by geeksRus
    hope you don't get a hernia carryin that ego around.

HA HA HA HA HA HA you are officially my hero!!!

How about this one?

Oh yeah and the computer shop he worked at. Not really all that. link It's just your basic home grown hole-in-the-wall computer shop.

Edit: Awwww man you took the pic out of your post while I was posting. Oh well I'm leaving it in.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Originally posted by factory81
    but atleast im gonna be makin it fine doin my consultant buisness. My primary server OS to recomend, Citrix
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cheers, I needed that...

-Cameron
    [email protected]

it just pisses me off when these people come along. i started in this business as a COBOL programmer and i remember MFM drives and 8 inch floppy drives. anyone remember old Kaypro IIs? CP/M? i do. after all this time i still learn stuff here EVERYDAY. i ask for help and i am not shy or embarrassed to do so. i think of you guys as friends...even the ones i disagree with on different things. i help when i can and if i don't know the answer i keep silent. there are people here that know LOTS more than me and i don't feel bad about that, it would be stoopid if i did. oh well...

I think the kid needs one of these....

[email protected]

hahahahah...i like it, me!

My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Oh dear, where to start?

Can't you guys do anything without name calling?

Factory81 has a viewpoint, as misguided as you may think it is, it is still valid because it is his view.

I left this thread open yesterday because I felt that perhaps this could become a debate between windows 2000 and XP and I hoped it would go that way, but sadly it hasn't.

I am going to lock this thread as is.

No one learns anything about another's viewpoint if they refuse to listen. Similarly no one can teach another about their viewpoint if they just try to shove their view down another's throat.

The point of a debate such as this (should have been) is to air the views so that a 3rd person reading it could form his/her own opinion about the subject matter, or at the very least discover that s/he has more research to do.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."