Mylex DAC960

Thread: Mylex DAC960

Post Mylex DAC960

I have a mylex dac960 family raid controller with a couple of drives that are mirrored on one channel, and three other drives that are raided together on another channel. Both channels on the same mylex controller. This setup has been working great. Now though, I would like to replace the 2 mirrored drives with something bigger. Other details aside, I essentially remove the two 4gb scsi drives and try to put in two 18gb scsi drives in their place. But when I boot up the raid controller still is configured to have two 4gb drives mirrored, and treats the new 18gbs as if they were the 4gb drives. I imagine now that I have to first remove the mirror configuration or "pack" as mylex calls it, but the controller won't let me remove the mirrored "pack" until I remove the other "pack" containing the other three drives which are raided together. TI desperately do not want to even touch the other three drives that are raided together. I've always thought mylex to be good and powerful, but here I am unable to touch a mirror config, until I mess with the other array/raid. I'm hoping I'm just an idiot, and I am missing something here. There's got to be a way. I can't imagine there being a raid controller out there that won't let you modify one array unless you modify another first. I know this one is hard one, but I just thought I'd throw it out here. Maybe someone out there has a link to some site that can provide me with some guidance. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
    I'd rather be fly-fishing.....