Whats your IQ - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Whats your IQ

MENSA BABY!!
    DON'T PANIC

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar

A 36 too much beer
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

That IQ test was BS though. Really. There were 2 right answers for many of the questions... it all depends on if you take the questions literally or figuratively. For instance, the question of taking 6 straws and making 4 triangles, each with straw lengths for sides is false if you look at it literally, but true if you look at it impressionistically. (make a square with 4 straws, put two in the middle crossing diagonally... it can be 2 or 4, depending on how you look at it) On top of that they were asking some questions that can be answered with acquired knowledge, not intelligence quotient. BS, baby!!

Oh, and their IQ range is totally out of whack. Every IQ test i've taken said anything over 140 is genius.

From www.dictionary.com :

GENIUS:
    a. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.
    b. A person of extraordinary intellect and talent: “One is not born a genius, one becomes a genius” (Simone de Beauvoir).
    c. A person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, typically above 140.

Everyone take the Mensa home test. (www.mensa.com) Now THAT is an IQ test! I barely scraped in at 132.

But I could be an a$$hole
    Last edited by techleet; June 13th, 2003 at 05:49 PM.
    DON'T PANIC

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Professional assessment gave me a result of 95. I'd be interested to see how these online scores compare to a proper evaluation, oweing as 100 is average, I doubt there are that many geniuses in the WD community.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up