Whats your IQ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whats your IQ

Tattoo addict
    Originally posted by gazzak
    , still not sure about the milennium question though!
    it's right,the new millenium really did'nt start til 12/31/01,because you still had to count 2000 as part of the previous millenium,1901-2000 =100 years
    atleast thats what I have heard and thought.
    ???

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    A group of 5 people must contain either 3 mutual friends or 3 mutual strangers.

That's one of the ones that struck me odd. The wording needs to be changed to read
    A group of 5 people must contain at least 3 mutual friends or 3 mutual strangers.
    The way it is in the test the answer could be true or false depending upon if the writer wanted to ask a trick question or a legitimate question. If trick then the answer could be false as the group might have 4 or 5 mutual friends/strangers and tus did not have three.

also

give the color question we can derive the folowing:

p+r=y
    p+g=b
    y+g=?[o]
    (p+r)+(b-p)=?[o]
    r+b=?[o]

Well. Given that we know - NOTHING! The answer could be true or fase given that we don't have a single value! Sure this leads one to think the answer is false but again - is it a trick question?
    I think its the speed with which you hit the answer from the previous answer on the colour one - recognising that it is complete nonsense and hitting false.

As for the friends and strangers - the group size is the key here - 2 +3

If 2 are friends there are therefore 3 strangers and vice versa. The point is they are either friends or strangers. If they are friends, to be able to be friends requires a minimum of two, therefore 3 can be strangers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    Hahahaha, some of you are gifted, hahahaha, the short bus is a rumblin down the street, hahahahaha

By the way, I do not believe in those tests, I believe in myself, and I believe I can fly, and I believe I can beat that stupid evil cartoon basketball team.

Is this a trick question?

If a tree branch can hold three people and John weighs twice as much as Adam, and Rachel weighs half as much as Adam, then Rachel, John and Adam can all sit together on the tree branch safely.

It says the "branch can hold three people". It doesn't say anything about weight limitations of the branch. This is either a trick question or just an indication this test is retah-ded. Me thinks the latter.

Try some LSAT questions if you want to find out how smart you really are.
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

Of course it's a trick question

A tree can hold 3 people - no specs are given for weight bearing.... therefore it matters not what the three people weigh.

if person A weighs 100lbs, person B 200 lbs, person c 50lbs combined weight is 350 lbs

If there were 7 x 50lb people, could the branch hold them? No - because it can only hold 3 people....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

A group of 5 people must contain either 3 mutual friends or 3 mutual strangers.
    I believe that that question is false. I can be friends with two other people, but they have never met each other, and each of those can have one other friend, but those two are also friends. In that way, each person is a friend with exactly two other people who do not know each other. The two people that a person doesn't know are friends with each other, however, so that is a situation where there are not at least three mutual strangers or three mututal friends.

|$\
    0 $0
    |$$$\
    0-----0
    each 0 is a friend and each line indicates a friendship. You cannot find 3 people who are mutual friends (each knows each other) or mutual strangers (no one knows each other).
    *(ignore the dollar signs, I can't get the picture to come out right using just spaces)
    Last edited by Darksteel; February 13th, 2003 at 10:42 AM.
    General Darksteel, fascist dictator, socially inept and clueless demagouge, and one man army of the L.U.R.K.

mutual, is the keyword.

While you may be the link to two sets of friends, they are not mutual friends.

Congratulations! Your general IQ score is 143.
    A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 129-143 is considered to be "highly intelligent".

Cool
    Sex is like pizza. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

iq

mine's 115, for some reason..yet i score 142 normally!??!...wtf.... I think i fell for the trick questions...
    RCVC (Russian Certified Vodka Drinker), Meathead+

Congratulations! Your general IQ score is 122.
    A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 111-128 is considered to be "above average intelligence".

random clicking.

i have a more higherly intiligince leval.
    It's good to be the King.

Re: iq

Originally posted by ScorpioIlya
    mine's 115, for some reason..yet i score 142 normally!??!...
    suuure you do
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Congratulations! Your general IQ score is 149.
    A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 144-160 is considered to be "gifted".

I have scored anywhere between 120 and 190 on different tests. Eventually you start to know all of the test answers.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I gots me a 157.

Congratulations! Your general IQ score is 158.
    A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 144-160 is considered to be "gifted".
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

"Congratulations! Your general IQ score is 164.
    A person whose IQ score falls in the range of 161 and above is considered to be a "genius".

For a complete analysis of your intelligence, you can purchase your Personal Intelligence Evaluation below.
    This report is an analysis of your 12 distinct types of intelligence. For example, in the IQ test you just took,
    your pattern recognition score is 88."

i wouldn't put to much into this test after i score that. i don't score that high, i top at like 159 tops.
    take care and tempt not the fates