Accounting software

Thread: Accounting software

Accounting software

Looking for ideas for an accounting package. All we really need is invoicing and maybe for issuing quotes. WE currently have an older version of peachtree that can be accessed from 2 machines. We are looking at upgrading however and decided this might be the time for new software.

Anyway what we need is invoicing and something that can import our old database. We also need it to be usable through the network on 2 workstations( simultaneously without need of a server preferably). The peachtree that we currently have is peachtree complete version 4 copyrighted 1997.
    any suggestions are welcome. OH and we of course need to do this as cheap as possible....
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Accounting software

I maintain accounting software for a couple of small businesses, and they have been using Intuit Quick Books Pro for some time. It has been very successful until very recently. Unfortunately Intuit is geting greedy and requiring aditional payment for items that used to be included. I can't really recommend them at present. Peachtree has just released a new version, which, according to reports, is very good. I would suggest you look in that direction.
    Jim

Thanks we are considering a newer version of peachtree.... I just thought I'd check around to see if there is a good cheaper alternative. I'm not in charge of the accounting so I'm not the one who will perchase I was just told to find out what the alternatives. Thanks for the input on the quickbooks though as that was being considered....
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimicook
    I maintain accounting software for a couple of small businesses, and they have been using Intuit Quick Books Pro for some time. It has been very successful until very recently. Unfortunately Intuit is geting greedy and requiring aditional payment for items that used to be included. I can't really recommend them at present. Peachtree has just released a new version, which, according to reports, is very good. I would suggest you look in that direction.
    Jim

Do you have specific examples for, say, Quick Books Pro? I am looking at upgrading my editions, and would hate to lose any functionality..especially since I have had a ton of problems being a peachtree support site
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."