USB malfunction not recognized by windows

Thread: USB malfunction not recognized by windows

USB malfunction not recognized by windows

My camera is a Kodak CX4300. Today I tried to upload pics and it is giving me an error message that reads USB malfunction and windows does not recognize. When I go to device manager it is unknown USB with no drivers. I went to XP update and updated all available. Still not reading my USB from Camera or docking station.

Maybe related, but In the last week I have changed from being hooked up to a NIC router to a USB modem. I also added a screen saver which included pics in my camera software and also I received an error message when loading pics earlier message that had I/O error or something like that. Kodak support told me it was my XP and to download the service pack but still not recognizing my camera. I am using a laptop with XP. help!

Christine

I would start by going here and getting the latest drivers. Also try switching the usb cable of the camera to the other usb port and see if it picks it up. This might require a cd for your usb modem. Just give it a shot and see if the camera works. Good luck.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert