Voice Over IP

Thread: Voice Over IP

Voice Over IP

Lads / Lasses,

Anyone got some VOIP experience?

We have 3 sites, with around 600klm between each. With the number of long distance calls going between each site every day, we're thinking about moving to VOIP for inter-office comms.

Now, I haven't played with this at all myself, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What do we need to get this started?

Im looking at bandwidth now, we should have 1.5meg down, 256k up at all three sites, which is about as good as its going to get down here

What gear should I be looking at ? Ideally, looking for good "bang vs buck" outcome, not prepared to pay more just for a brand name, etc..etc..

Cheers in advance all, appreciate it.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Maybe check Iptelephony.org?
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Cheers dude, 'preciate it.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Two other good sources are www.nwfusion.com and http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/.../peclogin.html but the cisco site only works if your company is a cisco partner.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    This is how we run our call center for the isp I work for. We have a T3 connection just for the call center, so I cant comment on how good that BW is gonna hold up, but so far, we have very little downtime (the only bit we have is due to the $hitty switch and a guy that always wants to tweak it)

We have cisco phones and a phone client by interactive intelligence. We use plantronics headsets (pretty expensive, bout $150 per set.)

All in all, its great if you can afford the initital investment
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer
    This is how we run our call center for the isp I work for. We have a T3 connection just for the call center, so I cant comment on how good that BW is gonna hold up, but so far, we have very little downtime (the only bit we have is due to the $hitty switch and a guy that always wants to tweak it)

We have cisco phones and a phone client by interactive intelligence. We use plantronics headsets (pretty expensive, bout $150 per set.)

All in all, its great if you can afford the initital investment
    Yeah but since its only 2 lines (one to each branch from the main office) you still think that that bandwith wouldn't hold a call? The only place that might have a problem is the main office where the other 2 lines tie in (that is how they work correct?) Anyways just curios.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert