Exercising
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exercising

Exercising

So, is anyone else trying to stay fit (or get somewhat fit in the first place) I finally reached my fat mark (210 lbs at 5'10") and am having trouble getting some of my pants (34) to button. About a year ago, I was having the same problem and went on a diet for 2 weeks, lost 10 pounds and kept it off for the last year. Now, it's back and I'm ready to get it down further and try to keep it down.... and I hate diets. My wife has a treadmill and an elliptical machine that I figured I'd try out. 15-20 minutes a day should be much easier than a full blown diet that I can't handle since I love eating so much. (And I imagine I should learn to stay away from the alcohol too but that just wouldn't be any fun). But I am feeling a little better, since I started a week ago. I'm already back to a 10-12 minute mile. Anyone else "feeling the burn?"
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

ahhhh, after all that reading about exercise, I will have to go sit down.....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

in january I joined the gym because I was pathetically out of shape.

I go after work 4-6 times a week, and do a little cardio (25-30 min on the ellipitical trainer) then weight lifting (alternate upper and lower body)

I feel better and pants a fitting better. I still think I look like a cow, but the wife says I look slimmer.

the weight isn't coming off much at all, but that could be from the weight lifting. I'm going to have a body fat test again to see if that's decreased (it was at 33% when I started)

so I trudge on just about every day shooting for september when we go back to the beach. I'm hoping I can take my shirt off without embarassment then.

I'm trying to eat more sensibly without going on a diet. all but eliminated red meat as my cholesterol was over 300. hopefully that's down too.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Funny you should ask, my wife got a tread mill just before Christmas, she has used it like 3 times. I jumped on it for the first time last night, and could only do a mile, and I had to break it up into two sessions. I then did some sit-ups, and some pushups. I haven’t done pushups for almost 2 years now.

In my prime I ran 3 miles at 19:14, and maxed out on a bench at 325 lbs. I had a pulse rate of less than 50 BPM, and could do a full split.

Now, I think I can bench my cat...

All in due time, I think I will run again tonight, piss off the old lady!

ive been going to the gym now and Ive been going hiking on the weekends..

I try to do 5 miles each way..

nice to get out of the house and work

Banned
    I have been pretty sick for the past month, viral infection, which gave me vertigo, now they are saying that my RBC is way too high. Haven't worked out at all, I feel like a big, fat, fatty now. When I do work out, it is weights only once a week. I hit them really hard for an hour, all muscle to full failure. Then for almost an entire week I am a weak little girl, but the following week, I raise the weight of everything I lift. Just don't do enough cardio though.

i started working out again a few months ago hoping to drop some weight. i know i wasn't that overweight, but i wasn't comfortable with it. i'm 6'6" and when i started i was up to 230 lbs. i like to stay between 210 and 215 lbs. i have bad knees and it seems if i get much over 215 and try to play any sports my knee probs flair up. i'm down to 220lbs now, and though i can't see that big a difference, i feel tons better. i didn't change my diet much, just tried to cut back on everything. i did cut out the pop tho, that seems to help alot.
    take care and tempt not the fates

I'm headed to the gym right now. upper body day. whoopee!!!!!!!!
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Originally posted by kato2274
    I'm headed to the gym right now. upper body day. whoopee!!!!!!!!
    Yea, my upper body is pretty weak at this point but I figure I ought to think about getting in a little better overall shape before I worry about segregated parts.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

A really good web site to go to (the one I use) to learn a lot about weight lifting, health issues, dieting, and staying in good shape is wannabebigforums.com

Tattoo addict
    I've never been one for alot of excersize,

I have been trying to stay more fit lately though,
    I have been eating better food(no burgers)

and I walk luna .6 miles every morn.

I do a little bike riding with my kids.

I am 5'7" at about 190 lbs,(too much,I know)

my worst vice is FOOD! LOL

but ,I don't smoke,that helps a little.

I eat mostly fish & chicken.

???????????? what the hell,I try.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    My wife told me to haul a$$ and it took 3 trips!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

who the hell you think i am, Bruce Jenner? have you seen my avatar?

I take about 7 diet pills daily (line hydroxycut/trimspa/stacker stuff) and just kind of quiver/vibrate all day. Seems to be working I think and I don't have to leave my chair.

I eat lots of greasy foods and try to poop as often as I can. That seems to be keeping the weight off.
    It's good to be the King.