Netscape Navigator - <- and -> dont work???

Thread: Netscape Navigator - <- and -> dont work???

Netscape Navigator - <- and -> dont work???

Hey guys, long time no see...

I have a problem... I have a workstation running Windows 98SE. The back and fourth buttons on netscape navigator doesnt work... but the reload and the stop button does though. Anyone had this problem and what did you do to solve this problem.

I've already tried unistalling the browser and installing it, but it did'nt work. By the way is netscape 6. I told the lady we should upgrade to 7 but she says she likes 6 and doesnt want to change it.
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

I'd tell her just to use IE like the rest of the windows world. Netscape used to be quite good, lately it's just crap.

I can't think of anything that you could do in addition to what you've done. do the back and forward buttons work in IE? If not than maybe do an install in place
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Okay check it guys...

I convinced her we should try netscape 7. Guess what? it did'nt work. So I'm totally stumped, dumb netscape doesnt have a knowledgebase for me to research in. I just told her to use Explorer instead.
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar
    It sounds like the install of Netscape is somehow being corrupted. If possible get a comp with similar hardware and with the same OS, (if not possible use any OS/comp). Then take her Netscape 6 install and try it on that machine.

If it works fine, then its entirely possible that something on her system has become corrupted. Try doing a search on the microsoft knowledgebase (I know it likely won't have anything but worth a shot).

Also try doing a google search, you'd be surprised how many people ask questions like these.

Lastly if all else fails, and she insists on using Netscape instead of Explorer, try a reinstall of the OS.

Hope this helped.
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    I found this-
    Check in Edit -> Preferences, Navigator -> History
    If History has a value of less than 2 days, the back button won't work.

-----

Try deleting \chrome in your USER directory; do not delete it from the Netscape 6 program directory! Typically located in:
    C:\Windows\App Data\Mozilla\Profiles
    or C:\Documents and Settings\[nt user name]\App Data\Mozilla\Profiles