Is the Intel D850GB Motherboard a good Mobo?

Thread: Is the Intel D850GB Motherboard a good Mobo?

Question Is the Intel D850GB Motherboard a good Mobo?

Am looking at the Intel Desktop Board D850GB Motherboard. Is it worth the bother of installing it?
    "To seek out new life forms", and promptly whipe them out.

Don't know that board, but can recomend ASUS P4T-533C it's fully compatable with all 400/533 P4 cpu's and RDRAM, very stable motherboard. or P4T-533 I am using now is rock solid with optional onboard raid, this one though requires the new 232 pin RDRAM, can use 32 bit tech. they are probably a bit more expensive than the intel one you are looking at.

Originally posted by TRICKPLAYER
    Don't know that board, but can recomend ASUS P4T-533C it's fully compatable with all 400/533 P4 cpu's and RDRAM, very stable motherboard. or P4T-533 I am using now is rock solid with optional onboard raid, this one though requires the new 232 pin RDRAM, can use 32 bit tech. they are probably a bit more expensive than the intel one you are looking at.
    Would an AMD board with DDR be better than RDRAM?(The RAM would be less expensive, and don't have to bother with pairs of matched RDRAM.)

AMD board would mean Athalon cpu, assuming your first post I thought your were using Intel P4, yes if money is the issue that would be better option, P4's are more expensive that Athalons, but PC800 rdram is becoming a lot cheaper if you shop around, performance wise I recomend the P4 and rambus,
    but there are 2 camps, and I'm sure you will have some Athalon fans posting to the contary.

Re: Is the Intel D850GB Motherboard a good Mobo?

Originally posted by sethfp
    Am looking at the Intel Desktop Board D850GB Motherboard. Is it worth the bother of installing it?
    This is the mobo:
    http://support.intel.com/support/mot...esktop/d850gb/

Yep

Originally posted by TRICKPLAYER
    AMD board would mean Athalon cpu, assuming your first post I thought your were using Intel P4, yes if money is the issue that would be better option, P4's are more expensive that Athalons, but PC800 rdram is becoming a lot cheaper if you shop around, performance wise I recomend the P4 and rambus,
    but there are 2 camps, and I'm sure you will have some Athalon fans posting to the contary.
    The Mobo would use a 423 Pin Socket--have asked two stores, and both say the 423 Pin Socket CPU is hard to find, expensive, and not worth it.