Parts of the Bible Ruled Hate Literature in Canada - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Parts of the Bible Ruled Hate Literature in Canada

Okay, I'm going to make my first post here (and probably my last before I burst into flames, but still...).

So, Ya_know, as ILTU has said, your basic reasoning for your predjudice is "because"?

Originally posted by Ya_know
    Homosexuality is perverted.
    Why do you feel this? Simple question.

Originally posted by Ya_know
    This is a personal belief. I don’t think there is any reason to have to elaborate on that.
    So, to take Douglas Adams' example, if your personal belief was that the Moon is made of Norweigan Beaver Cheese, you would just expect us to accept it without justification and move on?

I can't say I see your point of view, but I would like to understand why you have it.

CD
    There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Johnny Blaze
    But lesbians aren't sinners,....are they
    Only if we're lucky.

Banned
    God Bless the hot blonde college age lesbian, and God Bless Janine Lillimueller(sp?)

The thing is I can go on until I am blue in the face, and I am still being questioned in my belief. That is why I so frustratingly walked away from the thread. But I am compelled to finish this, so here are two reasons I am against homosexuality and the acceptance of it.

Homosexuality is incorrect. The human body was designed a certain way; by God, by evolution, I have neither the faith nor knowledge to identify the true origin. But I know this, if there isn’t anything physically wrong with the body from birth it can eat, sleep, grow, of course piss and sh!t, and eventually procreate. The future of the species depends on all of these things occurring naturally.

Homosexuality is a perversion of the human form. (Definition: A sexual practice or act considered abnormal or deviant.). I don’t need God or a bible to tell me this. It goes against the natural practice of sexual intercourse.

To all of the heterosexuals out there that question my belief, would you consider the act of homosexual sex to be normal or abnormal?—Deviant or natural? If you see it as clearly normal, you had better think again. You have been duped into believing that the civil rights movements require your acceptance. This is not a race, gender or religious debate, bottom line it is a perverted sexual practice that should have remained behind closed doors where society is not burdened to accept it. I wont get into your business if you are consenting and in private. But if it comes out in public it becomes a social problem.

The problem I have with acceptance is that it makes things seem OK for people to experiment with something they shouldn’t. I can see kinky sex, but for me I draw the line at anything disgusting and (at risk of being edited, Please let this stay on record) I stay out of the anus with the opposite sex. The penis doesn’t belong in anyone’s anus. ILTU As for “homosexuals” that don’t have sex, well, they really aren’t homosexuals now are they!?! Sounds like they chose the right path.

Finally, I don’t see how any man can find another man attractive. Oh wait, that is a third point, I only prefaced to discuss two. Ok, have at it gentleman, try to pick this apart…and actually make sense of your own points before you post.

Dammit I have to stop coming back and reading this thread...

Can't resist...

Ya_Know... your opinion is the epitome of ignorance and intolerance.

Yes, the human body was not designed for homosexual intercourse. However, as has been proven, it happens in all sorts of other animals who were also not designed for sexual intercourse. Also, the human body was not designed to use computers, fly airplanes, bungee jump, twirl batons, or do the Macarena. Should we ban all of these things because we invented them and get some pleasure from them?

Telling children not to experiment with homosexuality will have the same result as telling them not to experiment with sex in general. It will merely make them hide it from you.

I can respect anybody who is gay and who advocates tolerating gays and accepts people who experiment with being gay.

I can NOT accept willfully intolerant a$$es like yourself.

Mods, edit if you need to, but please close this thread now.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

And your opinion is disgusting in that it accepts something so nasty as anal sex. Intolerance is not the issue here, my decision simply clashes with yours, and you simply can’t be a man about this. When you grow up, perhaps then you and I can have a civil, informative discussion, until the, maybe this thread should be closed.

Banned
    Hey Clam, you asked for his opinion, and you got it. It doesn't matter wether you like it or not.

When you look at the reason for this thread, it is still wrong for the government to censor the bible, cause they think it has hate speech. These same feeling that the govt is wrong for doing so, also protect him for saying exactly what he is saying.

Also, look back at what you are telling him, and relate that to the problems of the far left, liberals, whatever. They have become so militant in their feelings of equality, political correctness, and openness; they have in turn shown a fervor that borders on worse than the intolerance that they attack.

You asked for an opinion, disagreed and are now asking for the thread to be closed. Is that not the exact same mentality that you are attacking him for having, right or wrong?

Originally posted by Wayward Clam
    Ya_Know... your opinion is the epitome of ignorance and intolerance.
    Yours is overly liberal, and a dangerous thing.

Yes, the human body was not designed for homosexual intercourse. However, as has been proven, it happens in all sorts of other animals who were also not designed for sexual intercourse.
    So you can admit this is abnormal, but want to reference animal in the wild to justify it? We are a society of people, I will not be compared with a dolphin, I don't care how many hoops it can jump through. Or monkeys, or bugs.

Also, the human body was not designed to use computers, fly airplanes, bungee jump, twirl batons, or do the Macarena. Should we ban all of these things because we invented them and get some pleasure from them?
    No kidding, it is called dexterity and intelligence.

Telling children not to experiment with homosexuality will have the same result as telling them not to experiment with sex in general. It will merely make them hide it from you.
    The same holds true with drugs, cigarettes, and normal sex. But that is a part of being a parent, you have to know your children before you can ask them not to make wrong decisions.

I can respect anybody who is gay and who advocates tolerating gays and accepts people who experiment with being gay.

I can NOT accept willfully intolerant a$$es like yourself.
    I cannot change my thinking just because you think I am intolerant. If you have a valid point here, I would love to know what it is...

Once and for all

THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT CENSORING THE BIBLE!!!!!!!

Read the Fing article again. They ruled that the ad the guy posted was anti-gay and hateful. Not the bible itself.

WTF you guys, the Mounties are lining out passages in the bible?

This guy just used maybe 50 words out of a 1000page (?) book to make his point which had hateful intentions.

Im sure if you looked hard enough you could find some quotes to support any half-brained idea or opinion. Its a pretty big book.

And why does it seem out of such a big book fanatics always reference like 20-50 words and they become sooo damn important.

Once again.....

THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT CENSORING THE BIBLE!!!!!!!

If they made it illeagal to sell, own, or possess = Censorship

If they removed from librarys/hotels = Censorship

If they edited passages they didnt like = Censorship

You can read your book all you want just dont use it to promote hate!

End of Rant

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad

Originally posted by Wayward Clam
    ...I can NOT accept willfully intolerant a$$es like yourself...
    Once again, I apologize for getting back into this, but I just could not resist this statement.

Strong words. So being intolerant to those who disagree is deemed open-minded, accepting of others and tolerant of differences now?

Come on Clam, even you must concur that your opinions have a personal importance to you (as clearly demonstrated), just like almost everyone else in here.

It's easy to be tolerant of those who agree with you.

Why not try to extend the curtesy to those who hold an opposite point of view?

I've never seen you react this illogically and would tend to think something else is bothering you. Your vitriolic stance against those who disagree that homosexuality is natural or normal is downright strange and borders on fanaticism. What's wrong?

BTW, can you not shut down this thread on your own, having started it?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Kids... don't make me pull this car over!

Obviously from reading this NOVEL of a thread, you both disagree and you aren't moving on your opinions.
    Beautiful!
    I respect you both for having such firm beliefs and sticking to them. I think you both need to accept your differences and agree to disagree - and take the room tempurature down a few levels. Let's not degrade into shouting matches. Those never do anything but cause people to put their walls up and dig in even deeper.

Just say what you think and then back up what you think. An arguement made and backed up with "just because" doesn't have a leg to stand on. There's always deeper reasons why you think what you think. I think this is an awesome thread because it's gone "deeper" than anything I've ever read online.

Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Originally posted by a d e p t
    I've never seen you react this illogically and would tend to think something else is bothering you. Your vitriolic stance against those who disagree that homosexuality is natural or normal is downright strange and borders on fanaticism. What's wrong?
    I know what is wrong. Clam has been after me for months, a thread here a thread there. I must have pissed him off somewhere, and he has yet to let it go. I just wish I could remember what it was. I wonder if he even knows. I left this thread when I felt that he was personally attacking me, and not my belief or my discussion. It was at the request of others that I came back in to refresh my opinion.

Clam, truce brother. What ever it was, I am sorry that I did it.

I do not think that closing this thread is a good idea. It has explored some interesting view points. I think if the author of the thread really does wish it to begone from his sight, he could either pm me or delete it himself. Locking this thread will just spawn other little threadlets.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

NooNoo, if this were a gay thread, it wouldn't spawn little threads.
    It would adopt other little threadlets!
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by drewmaztech
    NooNoo, if this were a gay thread, it wouldn't spawn little threads.
    It would adopt other little threadlets!
    ROLFMAO!!!