Who's armed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's armed?

I don't gots no firearms.

I kinda want one and then again not. I'm in this "if I don't have to have it I ain't gonna buy it - except computers" phase. I just don't see the point right now. When I lived in Philly I kinda of saw a need but just never got one. I live in the burbs now and I can leave my CD's on the seat again and come out with intact windows and can walk down the street at night without wondering who's gonna pop up around the corner if I go 3 over.

Oh - I do want to know something. I want to know what the hell is up with some of the people who do have guns? Why buy like 10 of 'em when you only need like 1-3? I can see the shotgun for hunting, the rifle for hunting and a pistol for self defense but a lot of the people I know have like a whole damn arsenal. I mean, what's the point? Whatta ya practicing to be "taxi driver" or sumptin'?

I was at school one day and this one guy is like - Yeah, I got my 25 on my ankle and my 22 behind me with dum dums and my nine in the car and my ar-15 at home with the bannana clip and 500 rounds. Whatta ya preparin' for? Gang warefare? What the heck? How many people could you really shoot at one time? Whataya chow yun fat from the killer?

I have a 30-06, a .22, a 12 gauge and a 20 gauge.

I dont do much hunting with the shotguns any more. I used to phesant hunt but dont seem to have the time anymore. I still use them for grouse hunting about once a year.
    I use the 30-06 for deer hunting, and the .22 for fun at the range.

when you buy your first gun you will understand..

its like collectiing computers.. I own 15 computers. And 6 guns.

I go target shooting all the time, its a hobby its fun, same with golfing (which I do) and football.. its like saying why do you buy a football, or play football...

its a hobby/sport/protection/right to bare arms/ the american way

A test every time you buy a gun, man, I bet Nevada and Arizona are going to get an increase in gun sales if this thing passes. Do they still let the military slide, or do those poor bastards have to go through the "training" too?

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    I don't gots no firearms.

Oh - I do want to know something. I want to know what the hell is up with some of the people who do have guns? Why buy like 10 of 'em when you only need like 1-3? I can see the shotgun for hunting, the rifle for hunting and a pistol for self defense but a lot of the people I know have like a whole damn arsenal. I mean, what's the point? Whatta ya practicing to be "taxi driver" or sumptin'?

I was at school one day and this one guy is like - Yeah, I got my 25 on my ankle and my 22 behind me with dum dums and my nine in the car and my ar-15 at home with the bannana clip and 500 rounds. Whatta ya preparin' for? Gang warefare? What the heck? How many people could you really shoot at one time? Whataya chow yun fat from the killer?

It's just boy scout training. Be prepared.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Are you kiddin'??? I live in Alaska! A gun and big dog automatically came with the house!!!

Seriously I have a .410 H&R Street Sweeper Shot Gun - Full Choke with 2 boxes of .410 magnum slugs (12 shells total) and two boxes of #5 shot. The slugs are BAD!!! . I also have a Savage Arms 410/22 mag over under.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Originally posted by Major Kong
    Are you kiddin'??? I live in Alaska! A gun and big dog automatically came with the house!!!

Seriously I have a .410 H&R Street Sweeper Shot Gun - Full Choke with 2 boxes of .410 magnum slugs (12 shells total) and two boxes of #5 shot. The slugs are BAD!!! . I also have a Savage Arms 410/22 mag over under.
    Dude, you just exposed your gun ignorance to anyone who knows guns.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

I have 6 .45's, ( most of those 1911's, I love the lines! ) 2 .357 Magnums, a shorty .40, a pistol grip 12 guage pump action shotgun, and a Dragunov stock S.K.S. I like to collect them, and shoot them at paper. I believe the day we can no longer have something like guns is the day we all start being serfs to the government. Cars kill more people than guns, why don't they ban those evil things first???
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Originally posted by silencio
    Dude, you just exposed your gun ignorance to anyone who knows guns.
    OK let me explain! My Savage Arms gun is an oldie, but a goodie. Been in the family for years. Hard shooting gun wouldn't take nuthin' for it. The H&R is an older model 410, geez had it for a long time, bought it in War West Virginia from a guy who took it and modified it from a Topper (he called it a street sweeper, so that's what I've always referred to it as although technically it's a Topper-he modified the stock and did some real neat scrimshaw with it). What's was really neat is he also had a modified .28 gauge Topper, my Brother-in-Law bought it, when my BIL passed away in 1997 the gun couldn't be found. We're not sure what happened to it. Shells were a heckva deal to find. My dad ran a game checking station and sold ammo & guns in the 70's & early 80's ever once in awhile he would run across a box and buy em'. I haven't seen any .28 shells in darn over 20 years now, but I don't really go looking for them.
    Last edited by Major Kong; February 26th, 2003 at 06:28 AM.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Originally posted by Outcoded
    Lock knife, right ankle.

I also have 2 hands, 2 feet, 1 forehead.

Damn I hate guns.
    Why's that?
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Originally posted by +Daemon+
    its a ... right to bare arms
    What's wearing a vest got to do with it?

Why don't I like guns? I have two answers for that:

Simple answer: They kill people, I've been shot, twice, both by guns that "weren't loaded".

Complex answer: Why do you need one? The normal answer from people in America is "to defend myself against anyone who pulls one on my". Which implies if you knew the other guy didn't have a gun, what's the point in having one. Admittedly, I live in the UK (which I make no apology for), which is, pretty much a gun free society anyway, so why do I need one?

I can shoot, very well in fact, handguns and rifles, and am a licensed vermin hunter, if I were to pull a gun on you with intent, you'd be dead before you knew I'd done it, let alone had chance to draw yours. So how come you need one?

My other point is, I am trained in a martial art which you probably haven't heard of, in the course of learning this, I learnt, at a basic stage, how to take someone out (either KO or kill outright) with some very simple movements. It's stuff anyone can learn (a friend of mine is 5' 2" and female and successfully put a mugger in hospital using it).

Essentially, what I mean to say is, guns, as weapons, are uneccessary, unless someone else has one, then they become a self-sustaining evil.

For the record, I mentioned that I am a vermin hunter, for this, I hold, as tools, a 12-bore, 2 .22 airrifles (set up with sights for differing uses) and a .22 pistol, which I have carried, when hunting, as a humane killer, ever since a friend of mine clipped a rabbit instead of killing it outright.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Originally posted by Outcoded
    What's wearing a vest got to do with it?

Why don't I like guns? I have two answers for that:

Simple answer: They kill people, I've been shot, twice, both by guns that "weren't loaded".

And just how does an unloaded gun shoot someone anyway? first basic rule of firearm handling, treat every guns as if it were loaded.

You aught to hate the dude that shot you, not the guns themselves. Unless you were the dude .

ehhe another gun flame war.. lol

thing is guns dont kill people...its the person behind the gun..

just like cars kill people, motocycles kill people, trains kill people, knifes kill people, ... what else, there are so many other things that kill people and are eaiser to get to than a gun...

So why even say that (I dont lik guns...they kill people )

its like saying im a vegetarian... , j/k

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Originally posted by Ya_know
    And just how does an unloaded gun shoot someone anyway? first basic rule of firearm handling, treat every guns as if it were loaded.

You aught to hate the dude that shot you, not the guns themselves. Unless you were the dude .
    That's the simple answer to a percieved simple problem. However, the problem, as I see it, isn't that simple.

Daemon, the problem with guns killing people over cars killing people is twofold:

1) They are designed to.
    2) People get very obsessed with guns very easily, they swear they must have them, they want more of them, they use every arguement they can think of to justify them having them.

Part of my theory is, hate them and you don't become complacent to the danger they present.

Incidently, I bear no malice to either of the people who have accidently shot me, I wasn't badly injured, though I could have been, they meant no malice, and have apologised. I also happen to know one of them has never dared handle a gun against since, she's got more sense than a lot of us have. I also seem to remember it was me told her it wasn't loaded
    Last edited by Outcoded; February 26th, 2003 at 12:47 PM.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Banned
    All I know is that if I had one with me right now, I don't think I could keep from blowing the crap out of everyone in this office right now. All I ask for is a little freaking respect.