thoughts and prayers please
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: thoughts and prayers please

thoughts and prayers please

hi guys,

this is the first time i've been home since sunday at 5:00am when my wife and I went to the hospital after her water broke. she had a really tough time with the labor and after 26 some odd hours, we had our baby boy Aidan Michael on monday feb 24th at 7:38 am via C section. 6lbs 3 ounces and 19 inches long. he was born at 35.5 weeks which is a little earlier as you all know.

anyway things seemed okay for a while. he was having some trouble but it was attributed to him being a little earlier and being delivered via C section instead of vaginally. as the day progressed the problems began to look more serious and at around 9:30 monday evening he was taken to childrens hosiptial in pittsburgh pa.

things are still very fuzzy so far but after a couple of days here is what we know.

it seems he has a serious infection because his lungs, heart and liver functions are a bit out of the normal range. this is perhaps the most pressing problem right now. the infection is believed to be viral because he has been on antibiotics since a couple of hours after he was born and his condition has not improved. this would seem to rule out a bacterial infection.

also his left kidney is enlarged due to a blood clot inside the kidney. there is damage to that kidney though we are not sure how extensive at this point. the clot is old, (sometime after week 20 when we had our sonagram and everything was fine, and now) he may have to loose that kidney. it all depends and the damage and if we can dissolve the clot.

it's been very scary and I've cried more in the last few days (both tears of joy and sorrow) than I ever can remember crying in my adult life.

I feel a little more optimistic about my little man's prognosis, but it's still early. . . . . . . . . I just love him so much.

any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated. I know not everyone is religious here, and I certainly wouldn't call myself religious, but I do believe that a lot of good energy via said thoughts and prayers channeled his way certainly can help in some way. If nothing else it widens the support network my wife and I have.

I've got to go now. I came home to make sure the house hadn't crumbled and bills were paid etc. it's hard to thing about these things now, but necessarry I guess. I'll be heading back to the hospital a little later and they are going to let jamie sign out for a leave of absense to go to childens hospital to see him with me.

I will try to update when I can.
    Lance
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I'll keep Aidan in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you and Jamie.
    Shamus

I am very sorry to hear this... be strong.

I hope everything works out ok in the end..

Kato, my thoughts and prayers go out to the little one so that he gets better and to you and your wife to stay strong during these tough times. I'm positive he's in good hands and you'll be letting us know soon that he is getting better! Take care!

Lance I do know what you are going through, my nephew was born at 36 weeks but was only 3lbs. Hang in there, he is now a tough 12 year old who enjoys cheeking his auntie.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hey Kato, my prayers are with you.....if you get a chance, pop open a bible and read in the book of Matthew chapter 8:1-17, it's all about faith. God bless you and your son.
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**

Unhappy

I will keep all of you in my daily prayers, keep a positive outlook, I know that God will hear all of our prayers....
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
    I like trafic lights

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Stay strong.
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Internet Linebacker
    Kato, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts. I hope everything works out for you.

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox

Unhappy

Kato, I'm sorry to hear about little Aidan. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

tb

Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes, man. As a relatively new father myself, my heart goes out to you and your family.

My niece was born preemie, only 1.2 lbs, and sick. She was critical for months, and not expected to live. Gradually she got better, and left the NICU just before her 1st birthday. She graduates highschool this June, valedictorian of her class.

I'm not particularly religious and I don't do a whole lot of praying, but I'm making an exception for you and yours. You'll be in my heart and my prayers.

Take care, Lance.

John
    "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." - George Bernard Shaw
    "There is no conflict between liberty and safety. We will have both or neither." - Ramsey Clark
    "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." - Zapata
    "Billy Ray, get me mah pistol..." - Elvis Aaron Presley

I am there for you too bud. I don’t know what else to say;

Be strong for your wife. As much as you hurt right now, remind yourself that she gave birth. She needs encouragement in truckloads right now…her bond to your boy is intense right now, and her fear needs soothing as well…

Edit: I know what I wanted to say, congratulations, you’re a dad!
    Last edited by Ya_know; February 26th, 2003 at 12:27 PM.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Congratulations are in order as well. Hope everything turns out ok.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

My wife (she's the one typing this and wants everyone to know she doesn't like my new avatar ;p) and I will be praying for you, your spouse and your son.

Our first born was also premature at 34 weeks (5lbs, 19 inches long) through C section.

We sympathize with your plight.

Don't lose hope
    Last edited by a d e p t; February 26th, 2003 at 01:02 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams