Gateway Solo 9100 battery issues

Thread: Gateway Solo 9100 battery issues

Gateway Solo 9100 battery issues

Well, I'm working on a Gateway Solo 9100 and basically with the battery installed and the adapter plugged up, I don't get any lights. the battery charging indicator light does not come on. When I power it up, i do get some lights, but then it shuts off. take the battery out and it boots up to windows just fine. So, i thought it was the battery. Ordered a new battery, just came today. Installed the battery, same thing happening. Take the battery out, boots up just fine. So, it doesn't look like its the battery, maybe theres a short. Where the battery connects, that part needs to be replaced? Any thoughts?
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

You might check out their website for your Gateway. The User's Guide is available in .pdf form. Also, click on Specs...it talks about having an "Internal bridge battery: Maintains memory in suspend mode for about seven minutes when swapping batteries." Might be something worth checking out...

Also, is this the battery you replaced? I believe it's an upgrade from the original.

Just a couple of suggestions...let us know how it all ends up.

Good Luck!