Brilliant Ideas!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant Ideas!

Brilliant Ideas!

Okay you comp modders out there....I need some brilliant ideas! I had an MS wireless intellimouse explorer that went bad..MS sent me a new one. Well, now I have a semi functioning extra! Doesn't work well as a mouse, but the electronics in the mouse still work (the led and the motion sensor). I don't want to pitch the mouse but I'm not sure what I could use it for. It runs on batteries so I could put it pretty much anywhere I like. Any ideas would be appreciated!!
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**

cut a small window and place plexy glass over it, then put a lego man in there and a blue led to light up the back.. so it looks like the lego man is frozen in the mouse

http://metku.net/cryo/
    Last edited by +Daemon+; February 27th, 2003 at 02:32 PM.

Yeah, I've seen that one, not sure I want to do that....of course since it's already been done!

I am no electronics expert but modd led and sensor to act like a Switch. Pass hand to power PC up something like that? or to turn on and off Cathodes or something
    Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad

Originally posted by goinpostal
    I am no electronics expert but modd led and sensor to act like a Switch. Pass hand to power PC up something like that? or to turn on and off Cathodes or something
    And when the cat/dog/kid/girlfriend walks past?
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Run one of the "hot" wires out of it so that it zaps the poop out of ya when you try to use it and then give it to someone you don't like.

Unhappy

You could always convert it into a cool ornament. Take the mouse, make it look like a dog's face, then use the LED as an eye that'll wink at you.

If I'm talking out my butt, just kick me in the junk.

Originally posted by goinpostal
    Now this is what I'm looking for. The only problem is that the led/sensor act funny sometimes...like it comes on for no apparent reason, I wouldn't really want my pc booting up and shutting down at random...darn, i really like that idea too.

Originally posted by Kermit D. Frog
    Now this is what I'm looking for. The only problem is that the led/sensor act funny sometimes...like it comes on for no apparent reason, I wouldn't really want my pc booting up and shutting down at random...darn, i really like that idea too.

remember that on atx boards, its like a 5 second wait for shutdown when the power button is pressed, so if it comes on for less then 5 sec, your good to go with this mod....
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

if the buttons still worked and you could figure out how to conver the ps2 port to a serial port. you could Build a program that would play mp3 and you would use the two buttons to skip back and foward between songs.

Originally posted by Imon Fyre
    remember that on atx boards, its like a 5 second wait for shutdown when the power button is pressed, so if it comes on for less then 5 sec, your good to go with this mod....
    This is true....All I'd have to do is figure out a way to connect the receiver to the on switch, or directly to the motherboard.

Anyone know what the different wires are on a usb connection?

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Take a moulding of it and blow mould/vac form a new, translucent, shell
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Originally posted by Outcoded
    Take a moulding of it and blow mould/vac form a new, translucent, shell
    Well, lets just say that I've completely torn the mouse apart and reassembled it the way I like it!! When it's done, you'll wave your hand under the under the cover and it'll turn the computer on...hope it works. The only problem now is how to get the signal from the wireless receiver to the motherboard without having any power on it. I'm figuring I'll have to add batteries to the wireless receiver. Anyone know how many volts usb provides?? I'll post pics when I'm done with it.

500 ma 5v
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."