lost pasword

Thread: lost pasword

lost pasword

OK, here's the situation:

Customer wanted to set up new user profile, went and deleted old profile before creating new user. Booted the machine and the original user profile shows up in signon screen but will not accept the old password. What can we do short of re-installing WIN2000 the get back in system and create new user profile.

She has important documents that she needs to retain. Thanks for any help in recovering the data.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    You can install win2k into another directory. Then logon as administrator and you can take ownership of her docs.

is the profile login the admin? there are programs out there, which ive used before and work well, that can automatically change the password to 12345 or such. try out a program called Passware Password Recovery. Worked well for me

Gentlemen:

Thank you all for your replies. Tried everything from your replies and previous post that I foundl later. There was more than I was led to believe the problem was. Apparently the user had had problems with the machine (an IBM Thinkpad), deleted her user logon and was trying to get it back. Tried a couple of the password programs, loading a second version of 2000 but It just would'nt load.
    It was after wasting all this time that I learned what really happened, and asked the young lady to take the system to her network administrator.

Thanks again, consider this post closed and I apologize for the double post.