Car Question about cleaning windows

Thread: Car Question about cleaning windows

Car Question about cleaning windows

Im trying to find a good window cleaner for my WRX...

Everytime I use windex I get nasty streaks and I see where I was cleaning the glass.. is there a product that works better?

-Thanx

I use windex type stuff mixed with a whole lot of elbow grease. Serroiusly - the secret is using cleaner and a lot of towels and wipe until it is clean then do it over again. It's the stuff left on the windshield that makes the streaks so dry it with the towels and don't let it dry on it's own.

heres an old trik...after cleaning the windows with the cleaner of choice finish by polishing with a wadded up piece of newspaper. i know how it sounds...but it works.

Originally posted by geeksRus
    heres an old trik...after cleaning the windows with the cleaner of choice finish by polishing with a wadded up piece of newspaper. i know how it sounds...but it works.
    hummmm

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    After cleaning your interior windows with a glass cleaner take distilled water and spritz it on the window and wipe dry with a clean, soft, lint free cloth.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

for those of us with tinted windows, you don't want to use windex... and for those who don't ehhh it still applies

go down to your nearst advance auto parts store or any auto parts store that sells more than just parts, like books ect...

pick up 20/20 window cleaner. It works great on monitors, tvs, anything with a screen.

It is amonia free, so it will not damage plastic like tint or the plastic parts of a tv ect.

it cleans very well and is only like a buck or two more expencive than windex.

MD

yep. works like a million bucks and only cost one.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Good tips here

Here's another one. If you've ever had a coolant or oil leak and have that oily residue on your winshield that never comes off, use mineral spirits before your normal cleaning. It takes it right off.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Originally posted by MD_Geist
    for those of us with tinted windows, you don't want to use windex... and for those who don't ehhh it still applies

go down to your nearst advance auto parts store or any auto parts store that sells more than just parts, like books ect...

pick up 20/20 window cleaner. It works great on monitors, tvs, anything with a screen.

It is amonia free, so it will not damage plastic like tint or the plastic parts of a tv ect.

it cleans very well and is only like a buck or two more expencive than windex.

MD
    ok cool, yeah I got my windows tinted the second week I bought my subarau

oh my new camera should be comming today if so ill have to take some FOTO'S and post em of my baby...

think this is any good?

http://www.premiumautocare.com/32ozglasclea.html

or how about

http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/page...eaner_2.8.html

Armor AllŪ Auto Glass Cleaner is specially formulated to remove tough road grime and bugs from the outside of automotive glass and the oily, hazy film found on the inside - problems ordinary household glass cleaners can't always overcome. It works quickly and easily, giving windows a streak-free shine for maximum visibility. And it's ammonia-free (unlike many household glass cleaners), making it safe for factory tinted windows.
    ayone use these?
    Last edited by +Daemon+; March 11th, 2003 at 11:44 AM.

I been using Eagle one's 20/20 and I really like it. But I don't have my windows Tinted.

This actually works!!!! Old military trick we used to use on Mirrors water, then towel, then newspaper works well use an alcohol based cleaner instead of water if a smoker.

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad