way to stop foggy windows - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: way to stop foggy windows

Originally posted by +Daemon+
    yeah called spit
    HA HA yeah ain't that for real!!

Another idea would be to fire the car about 5-10 minutes before you leave and let it warm up a little (with the defroster and a/c cranked of course). Remote start isn't to expensive to get installed (seen some places advertise em for like 150 bucks installed around this neck of the woods).
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Originally posted by Archangel42069
    NooNoo - nearly every car in america has those...at least for the rear. For the front, though, I think they would be illegal, as to be effective the lines would have to go below the ASI line...anyway, the A/C is the best defogger, but some of those sprays are pretty good at preventing fogging. Something else I've noticed is that parking the car under a carport or in a garage drastically reduces the occurence of fog, inside or outside the windows.
    The heating wires are tiny - they dont interfere with vision at all.

This ford has a quickclear windscreen

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Your windows are fogging up because the floor mats are wet - this contributes to the excess humidity in the car. As the car warms up, the frozen mats start to thaw and the water vapour is released. Go to a car wash and use the vacuum to suck up most of the water. It really helps.

Originally posted by NooNoo
    The heating wires are tiny - they dont interfere with vision at all.

This ford has a quickclear windscreen

Wow...the advances in defogging technology are amazing...now if only they could figure out how to bring the price of oil down.......
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Clean window, and dry. Rub a bar of real soap (like Ivory) on window. Polish till clear with dry paper. DON'T touch. When your kids find out they will draw cute little things on the inside that will fog over!! This is an old old fix, and may not work with some of the chemicals used today on cars. The idea is to get a polished thin layer of soap over the glass. Renew as needed.
    Friend of Charon

stop doing the hanky panky in the car the night before

Originally posted by kato2274
    i switched the vent system from re-circulate to fresh air, and ran the A/C along with the defrost. seemed to work better at least on my short trip to the store. I'll give it a go for a few days, and then maybe look into something I can apply to the inside of the windows.
    Sounds to me you just have a weak HVAC system and it can't keep up with your hot breathing, stud

Rain-X has a product called "Rain-X Anti-Fog" that helps keep the windows from fogging up. It wouldn't hurt to try it out.

http://rainx.com/frame_auto_new.htm

The reason your windows are fogging over is do to the water that you exhale when you breath.

no breathing no fogging

If all else fails, just remove the windows completely. If you get cold, just turn the heater way up.
    Hello World

Webhawg? so what do you do now since you lost your job as Head Engineer at YUGO?

JK

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad