Capture command and 3003 (0xbbb) print error

Thread: Capture command and 3003 (0xbbb) print error

Capture command and 3003 (0xbbb) print error

Hey all..
    I had an interesting situation come up.
    There is an employee here who uses the capture command regularly to print to a network printer on a Netware 3.12 server.
    Lately, after he ends the capture and lpt1 is put back into local mode (using any number of commands and/or syntax to accomplish this) he still can't print to his local printer!
    If i check the system log I see :
    The document Test Page owned by xxxxxx failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 3003 (0xbbb).
    All I can find on this error is that it has something to do with "A StartDocPrinter call was not issued"
    I don't know what this means...all I know is that he can't print to his local printer again until after rebooting his machine. Uninstalling and reinstalling the printed itself won't make it work again..a reboot is required.
    Please help!
    Thankx

hmmm how is he setting the capture? I think a netuse command is cleaner and easier to delete.... is this novell old enough to have the novel config in startup? I'm trying to remember... local printer=0 can cause these issues in windows.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."