Did You See This Ace Hardware Commercial?

Thread: Did You See This Ace Hardware Commercial?

Did You See This Ace Hardware Commercial?

I saw this Ace Hardware commercial the other day:

Commercial starts by showing a guy mowing the world's worst lawn. In the process, the mower is throwing stones everywhere. The camera shows cars, neighbors, houses, and etc. being hit. Finally, it shows two young men walking down the street wearing nice slacks, white dress shirts, ties, and each carrying a small book. Another rock flies out of the mower and hits one of the men in the head knocking him down. The commercial ends by saying you can get everything you need to make your lawn look better at Ace Hardware.

Who do you think the two young men were? The commercial does not say, but I think they had Jehovah Witness's in mind. Sure, this is funny if that was the intent, but probably not a good idea for Ace Hardware. Why risk sales by upsetting an entire religious denomination? Did anyone else see this commercial? Ace Hardware might only be in America - I am not sure.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Nah, it was probably Mormons.
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

I either case it is a good thing, one less telemarketer type door to door a**hole down!

Had one the other day. Can we come in and pray with you.

I say, "ya, I pray to satan, I hope that's ok?".

They left. J/K

But serriouslly, when they knocked, I really really wished I had a mean dog to let loose.
    Steven Henry

The reason I say telemarketer is, in the end they just want your money!!!!
    Steven Henry

No matter what,.. I don't think there is a single person anywhere who enjoys answering the door early Sunday morning only to get religious brochures shoved in their face. Thanks lawn mower guy!
    Hello World

Hee hee. My dad is a minister, I think you would call it a pastor in the US. Anyway, he works for a church.

We still used to get the Jehovah's and Mormon's knocking on the door when we lived in Scotland, even though they knew who he was. My dad used to get out there and chew the fat with them. I listened once, I think he almost had them convinced!

My father has very deep convictions, I think those guys had a really hard time from him.

I always get a fresh copy of the "Watch Tower" from my Witness neighbours, then when the knock on the door comes, I can say "ooh, you know there was a nice couple who came round yesterday"... cue confused look and hasty retreat. I wonder if my actions might spark a JW turf war?
    Bollocks

i pour gasoline on them then chase them throwing lit matches at them but i weigh a lot so they always outrun me. they don't come back after that.

Internet Linebacker
    I am always kind to my fellow man, so I always invite them in for dinner, and inform them that we'll be eating that homeless drifter that I HACKED UP WITH AN AXE IN THE BASEMENT YESTERDAY!!!! bwahahahaha! Then I tell tehm about how hard my childhood was cuz I was raised by a cup of coffee and all the kids made fun of me, and then I ask them if they think their god can help me get revenge.

I used to just come to the door with a couple of snakes and they generally just said something about having the wrong house. Now, I have a wood burned sign that says "Solicitors must be able to run faster than a .357" and in small print below it says "'Solicitors' include you 'trick or treaters for god'"
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Just answer the door naked. ..if you really want to peg the shock value meter try rubbing some mayo on your body first.

I doubt they'd come back.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

"Hi everybody, John Madden here. ACE is the place for your hardware needs. Now you can get this mini doorstop catapult for just $79.95. And the friendly guys at ACE will even install it for you. Perfect for defending your home against unwanted door to door solicitors. Here's a guy that wants to get you to take a conservation survey. POW! Here's a guy that wants you to join his religion. POP! Remember, ACE is the place, for home defense."

You know, I have found a great way to get rid of the religion pedlers.

Kindly say no thank you, my family has their own beliefs and please have a nice day.

They leave every time, and usually don't come back.

- John
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Originally posted by jmani
    You know, I have found a great way to get rid of the religion pedlers.

Kindly say no thank you, my family has their own beliefs and please have a nice day.

They leave every time, and usually don't come back.

- John
    That is all well and good. But not funny! Get with the program John.
    Steven Henry

There Idiots anyway!!

If I was in a religeon that only allowed only 144,000 people into heaven and they already had many more members than that, I would be talking people in the church into leaving to guarantee my seat on the Jesus Bus, not going around trying to recruit people.

The Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches 1997 marks Jehovah's Witnesses membership at 5.1 million across 232 countries.
    That means there are 4,956,000 of these dopes going to hell and they know it LOL

So don't shake you willy at them, since they seem to come in pairs tell them you want to talk to the one thats getting in they will stare at each other for hours..... Then sick the dog on em.

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad