MD Walkmans record from

Thread: MD Walkmans record from

Cool MD Walkmans record from

Was wondering if anybody has tried to record from a MD Walkman made by Sony to his CD burner in their computer. I would like to take MD's that we record on and transfer them to CD's that I can play on my CD player in my car. If you have, could you give me the low down on how to do it. Also a cheap Sony model I can use to do the transferring from. I don't plan to using the MD Walkman for anything but transferring to a CD burner.
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

Nope. The only way you are going to get that to work is to recorad anaologly (is that even a word?) meaning you will have to plug in a cord from your headphone jack on your md to the input port on your sound card. the MD's are only one way.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Originally posted by Gollo
    Nope. The only way you are going to get that to work is to recorad anaologly (is that even a word?) meaning you will have to plug in a cord from your headphone jack on your md to the input port on your sound card. the MD's are only one way.
    So the saleman in the store was blowing smoke when he said that you can use the USB cable that comes with the MD and go from the MD to a file on my computer then burn from there.
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

Originally posted by Twigs
    So the saleman in the store was blowing smoke when he said that you can use the USB cable that comes with the MD and go from the MD to a file on my computer then burn from there.
    Yep. You can use USB to copy to the MD but not back. It's just to keep all the copyright buffs happy. Most mp3 players are only one way as well (cept for the HD based units)
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

Yep. You can use USB to copy to the MD but not back. It's just to keep all the copyright buffs happy. Most mp3 players are only one way as well (cept for the HD based units)
    Guess I need to smack someone around a little bit !!
    Ha Ha !!!
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

Guess I need to smack someone around a little bit !!
    Ha Ha !!!
    That store name didn't happen to start with Best and end in Buy now did it?

That store name didn't happen to start with Best and end in Buy now did it?
    Man your good !!!!
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

Man your good !!!!
    Morons

Hey it ain't the first time that a BB sales person has said something stupid.

Morons

Hey it ain't the first time that a BB sales person has said something stupid.
    Thanks for setting me straight. I guess i'll have to do the analog route. I guess you can't burn MD's Huh ?? Mmmm Maybe .. I guess I could recorded from one MD player to another right ?? Or no ??
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

Thanks for setting me straight. I guess i'll have to do the analog route. I guess you can't burn MD's Huh ?? Mmmm Maybe .. I guess I could recorded from one MD player to another right ?? Or no ??
    Burn as in copy them? Nope.

Copy from one MD to another would be possible but you would have to go the analog route. If it has an optical in you can play from the home unit (big ol mofo) and it will not lose quality and it will put in all the spaces and all that.

Copy from one MD to another would be possible but you would have to go the analog route. If it has an optical in you can play from the home unit (big ol mofo) and it will not lose quality and it will put in all the spaces and all that.
    Well I'll have to see what I come up with.
    Catch you later !!
    Tech's Rule !!!
    Thank you !!!
    Twigs

I just send you a email to the smiller address. Thought you might like to here what Sony said about this.
    Morons #2

Thank you !!!
    Twigs