802.11g AP's

Thread: 802.11g AP's

802.11g AP's

Does anyone know of an 802.11g access point that is configurable to class b networks(255.255.0.0). All the AP's that I have seen are for Class c networks(255.255.255.0).

If your trying to setup enterprise level network you should look into an enterprise level ap, try out cisco, we have had great success with them here at work and they seem to have a tremendous range and quailty over the linksys good luck

I need to set up 8 laptops with wireless connections for board meetings which are once a week for about 2 hours. The machines will stay in the board room so distance is not going to be a problem. I want to stay cheap that is why I am looking at the SOHO market. I did talk to someone at Belkin today and they told me that their Wireless access point will work with a class b network.

Checkout any Orinoco product. Very configurable and not very expensive (for the lower end prodocts that is).
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

I got the Belkin F5D7130. It works well with my class b network, and configuration was next to nothing.

Remember that the 802.11 g out now is the Draft version. Think beta(not really just an example) The official 802.11 g comes out in June.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Yeah I know. If we ever decide to go wireless in more than just the board room we will definatly go with something a little higher end. I just needed a low cost solution for now.

I configured one of dells true mobile with a class b 16 bit network id. if i remember the config prog i could have went higher.