XP drvs for IBM Netvista 2276 > 810e

Thread: XP drvs for IBM Netvista 2276 > 810e

Angry XP drvs for IBM Netvista 2276 > 810e

I have a number of IBM Netvista 2276 systems I want to upgrade to XP. It uses an Intel 810E chipset and AMI/IBM BIOS 460024i 1.04 09/14/00 and SoundMAX integrated audio.

Where can I get XP drivers for these systems?

I have found a few, but it is unclear if they support XP.
    Some are for 2000.

How can I save the original ones in case these don't work?

thanks

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I think Xp supports your board and it's onboard components right out of the box. I installed XP on an I810 board a while back it it installed all drivers (sound video chipset USB etc) during the install without issue.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Thanks guys - hadn't found this site. I also haven't yet tried to install XP. The only question is - is a bd mfg for IBM different enough so as to make these updates non-functional?

I take that back - the other question is - is there someway to figure out if an updated BIOS will work in this system and which one - of course IBM says - no support for XP.

thanks again

bill

Driver matrix for the 2276

There is a bios update there.

Bios updates (if I understand you correctly) are for a specific motherboard and motherboard revision. You cannot use another manufacturer's update - unless you are Ruslan and know how to make it compatible
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks NooNoo

That is exactly what I was looking for. Interesting that only the network driver is listed as XP the rest are 2000.

I suppose the 2k will work.

What I was saying is if this bd is made by intel and there is a BIOS revision for that intel bd, why wouldn't it work on an IBM badged board? BUT since there is a BIOS I guess I will use that

Thanks again.

If you are absolutely SURE it's an intel board and the bios types match - eg Intel use Award on it and so do IBM then it should be ok, but if Intel's bios is Award and IBM's bios is say Phoenix, the likelihood is the bios is a special for IBM and the board although made by intel may be proprietary too.

Your call - if you got one you can toast....