Nortons Ghost 2k... quick question about bout disk TCP/IP

Thread: Nortons Ghost 2k... quick question about bout disk TCP/IP

Nortons Ghost 2k... quick question about bout disk TCP/IP

Okay, I was just fooling around with ghost, when I relized that it supports TCP/IP. How would I go about using that feature to back up workstations.

Can I input the IP of a workstation that I'm trying to reach at from my bench or is to connect to a sever to back up too or what?

Thanks guys
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

Depends - but here is how to create an ms network bootdisk

It's all in the manual or in the symantec knowledge base, nice and clearly laid out.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ok I see, the manual doesnt really explain it that well as it does in the knowledge base.
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

You would use the "Ghost Boot Wizard" program to make a network drive mapping boot disk. The wizard will ask you to enter all of the appropriate TCP/IP information. You would use this disk to boot and map a drive on one of your (hopefully large) network drives. Then you would put in another disk with the Ghost program on it(it won't fit with the network card drivers usually) and run the program. You can write an image of the hard drive to the network drive from there. I have had better luck using the "Image Boot" option instead if "Image All"
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir