addicted to games...

Thread: addicted to games...

addicted to games...

does anyone else here spend way too much money on video games? i know i do. I never really thought about it too much, but today i decided to sit down and list all the video game stuff i have purchased since i started my new job in October. before that i was laid off, but that didn't stop me. While i was collecting unemployment, looking for a job, i somehow managed to buy alot of games, but since i got a job, it has increased drastically: Most of you may not care, but I found it interesting and a little disturbing, and since i play video games all the time and have very few friends to talk to, i am telling you guys:

I will begin my list in November 2001, I was unemployed and playing my dreamcast, but i decided i wanted to get something new..after careful decision, i decided to go with XBOX, a decision I have been very happy with. Here is what have purchased since the day i bought my xbox, Nov 18, 2001:

--XBOX HARDWARE--
    XBOX w/ 1 year extended warranty
    3 original Controllers
    1 Controller S
    1 Japanese Controller S
    Gamester Racing Wheel
    2 Memory Cards
    DVD playback kit
    Advanced AV pack(for optical audio output)
    XBOX Live kit

--XBOX SOFTWARE--
    Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
    BloodRayne
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Dead or Alive 3
    Deathrow
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
    Max Payne
    MechAssault
    Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    Nascar Heat 2002
    Outlaw Golf
    Project Gotham Racing
    RalliSport Challenge
    SSX Tricky
    Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
    Timesplitters 2
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Turok: Evolution
    UFC: Tapout
    Unreal Championship
    WWF Raw

--PS2 HARDWARE--
    Playstation 2 w/ 1 year extended warranty
    Memory card
    --PS2 SOFTWARE--
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

--GAMECUBE HARDWARE--
    Gamecube w/ 2 year extended warranty
    2 regular Controllers
    1 Wavebird Wireless controller
    1 controller extension cable
    Memory card

--GAMECUBE SOFTWARE--
    Metroid Prime
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Waverace Bluestorm
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

I have bought all of that in less than 18 months.

all of the gamecube and PS2 stuff, plus 15 of the xbox games, the advance AV pack, Live kit, and one of the memory cards have been purchased since i started my new job, in October. man..i really have a gaming addiction. I knew i bought alot of games, but i never realized just how many until today

So am I the only game geek here?
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

I'll give you fifty bucks for the game cube and Metroid.

Get a decent video card and use your computer man
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

I wish I was still 23 and had no life.

I love gaming in general, but have to keep it in check with Real LifeTM, now that I'm married and have 2 kids.

Enjoy it while you can, but don't forget to get some freash air once in a while.

It enhances your reflexes anyhow.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

i have a real problem with games now....i get sick. neausous...espc, fps games, and rpg games are not my stick...
    i used to play wolf3d, so good i could beat the par times, doom II par times too, but duke nukem, puke, quake, puke, newer games with better refresh rates are ok...counter stike i can do a couple of hours max payne 10 minutes...ghost recon days....

so i don't play all that much....

as creeping death said get a decent video card, i'll add to that a decent video card that supports tv-out booting....play your computer games on a tv...

i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

well, i like playing PC games, but i don't really want to spend several hundred dollars on a video card that will be outdated in a few months. That is why i go with console games, they are designed to run on specific hardware, so you don't have to upgrade them. I plan on waiting to get a new video card until Doom 3 comes out, that way i have something powerfull enough to run it. until then, i'll stick with xbox.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Get Eternal Darkness for the GameCube, delmer...
    You won't be disappointed!

delbruc

i heard it was really good, but I have a short attention span, and from the reviews i have read, this game requires alot of time. I have a hard time doing that. I like games i can just pick up and play. I haven't ruled it out though, but i will probably rent it first.

But since i bought so many games recently, i won't be buying any for a while(at least i am trying not to) but i am planning on buying a gameboy advance SP on friday. ( i will trade in my old GBA towards it. i dont 'play it much, but it is something to do while at the laundromat)

i played the new Indiana Jones game for xbox the other day, it is awesome..probably the next game that i will buy.